atr period 1 and range: looks like mt4 stock atr lying (1pip)...
found why: atr (1) not equal range-
range : hi - lo
atr : TempBuffer=MathMax(high,prevclose)-MathMin(low,prevclose);
so, by any definition (not just on mt) - atr (average true range) & range is completely different
and thanks for info and explanation
Im using triggerlines to aid with enrty along with the bouncing pip method. (looks good)
the entries and exits are also aided with the Detrended Price osc. if price closes above triggerlines and detrended is above zero or moving up, all is good to go.
Of course oppisite is true for shorts.
This is still not perfect but appears well above avrg for good trades. 15 min TF seems to work well and the 5 min is ok also.
ok, we can make 2 versions with regular and also separate up/down direction shift - and see what heppens
You mean a xpMa-mtf that really works??? I would have to see that one for sure
well just one version: lsma takes 7 buffers, resize - pain in S
Here you are..you need both indicators compiled in your MT4,then just drag the MTF one on your charts
If you want to change the MTFJMA settings you just change,with metaeditorthe settings for xpma_v2JMA..period is set at 35,phase at 0..you change them for example to 25 and 100..compile ..and it will be automatically reflected in the MTF
Put a 60 min MTFJMA on a 5 min chart. I noticed that it doesn't refresh or update as the 5 min candles are moving. I tried other settings and ma's in the MTF xpMA, same problem. I also noticed that the xpMA has a "refresh problem" with the T3.
that's old; updated verson - xpma satl fatl - posted here after Simba's post with digifilters
allright, here we go again:
MTF_xpMA_v2_SATL_FATL; Kerris iCustomCall formula
(now you know who would say you know what; sorry)
works only with xpMA_v2_SATL_FATL
make sure file installed under correct name
extern int MA_Period = 34;
extern int MA_Type = 0;
extern string note_MA_Mode_Type ="SMA0 EMA1 SMMA2 LWMA3 DEMA4 TEMA5 T3MA6 JMA7 SATL8 FATL9";
extern int MA_AppliedPrice = PRICE_CLOSE;
extern int ma_shift =0;
extern int ma_x_shift =0;
extern double T3MA_VolumeFactor = 0.8;
extern double JMA_Phase = 0;
extern int MaxBarsToCount = 900;
6 T3MA - require "T3MA"indicator
7 JMA - "JMA"
8 SATL - "SATL"
9 FATL - "RFTL" (not FATL)
2008 0114 update:
changed type 6 - t3 mode - "T3_clean" (next page)
Oh, my goodness, this is bug free I've been looking for this forever! Thank you
Oh well, not totally "bug free", the T3 ma mode still has a "refresh problem" in the current TF.