anyone here trading stocks on mt5 and find it easier than forex? from a technical perspective

im a purely technical trader and until recently had been doing forex on mt4 but i wasn't doing well since the pandemic started. i found it messed up the market. recently, i've started trading stocks on mt5 and doing quite well. same methodology, manual swing trader and using macd, moving averages and adx as my indicators. so far i find it a lot easier and better moves with stocks. i dont know why, maybe because there's many more choices in stocks than forex, and also the stocks movements are better and wider. how do you feel about this and if you are technical also, how do you decide which stocks to look at everyday? obviously, i can't go through the hundreds (or thousands) available. so i just pick random ones where the daily change wasn't too much and i've grown my demo account from 5000 euros to 12000 in one week. in forex i was losing mainly. i would like to hear your methodology on how do you decide which stocks to look at, from a technical point of view. i dont do fundamentals at all. and also, i would like to know if there's a way to, in the monthly chart, to view the data from 20 years ago. in my chart it only shows from 2019 or 20. so can't really do long term investments at the moment because of not enough data. im trading on h4,daily,weekly. i use icmarkets. they told me a way to download the history for the monthly chart but didn't work.

Thank you for the inspiration, will look at stocks too instead of just forex. I think the problem with forex is that the trend can suddenly change quite randomly. I guess this can happen with stocks but maybe not as randomly.

I think that it is right to look at the stock/forex that is behaving in a way that seems good for your strategy. Eg. If you trade reversal then find one that looks like it could reverse and be able to admit if you wrong quickly enough.

Then hopefully more profit is made than losses if your eye is good at spotting the chart behaving according to your style.

I looked at any charts throughout time and see that a strategy will not work always and you will only know too late to change to a diff strategy. Therefore it seems the best to try only on the chart that seems most certain for your favorite style and exit if wrong

Reason: