Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 13

MTF for Super signals Indicator

keris2112:
Here's one more MTF indicator. It's based on a custom indicator (you can view the code to make your own).

It's called #MTF_LPB.mq4 (Linear Price Bar) Here's the link to the thread for info on the indicator: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173576

Attached are 2 indicators. You need both in your indicators folder as the MTF version references the original indicator.

Linear Price Bar.mq4

#MTF_LPB.mq4

Keris

Hi Keris,

I am fairly new to programming indicators in MT4 and would like to know if you could help with making one for me an indicator I found in this forum by Nick. The indicator is very helpful for manual trading. The MTF indicator will greatly help in trading in the same direction.

I am attaching the same here for your ready reference.

Files:

MTF for Super-signals Indicator

Hi Kerris,

Thaks for the guidance. Thought this was my first attempt in doing this. I find that while compiling there is one paraenteses which is unbalanced.

Can you help me fix it. Thanks in advance for the help. This should help me to make an attempt on my own. Also let me know if somthing is wrong which I may not be aware of.

Regards

Suresh

Files:

What I wish the Most

Is if this indicator didnt need to be refreshed every couple of hours.

When I have this indicator on a 1 hour chart and it is using the 4 Hour in its array, after a few hours I refresh it the indicator Paints the line differently than what it did in real time.

I have tried to get the same values/results without the need for it to be refreshed but have been unable to.

Until I or someone else can re-code so the refresh is not needed than I dont see much value for me in this indicator.

Thanks

Minggu

Emerald King:
Is if this indicator didnt need to be refreshed every couple of hours.

When I have this indicator on a 1 hour chart and it is using the 4 Hour in its array, after a few hours I refresh it the indicator Paints the line differently than what it did in real time.

I have tried to get the same values/results without the need for it to be refreshed but have been unable to.

Until I or someone else can re-code so the refresh is not needed than I dont see much value for me in this indicator.

Thanks

Minggu

Minggu,

As I've mentioned before, the whole idea of the MTF indicators was to allow you to see what was happening on multiple timeframes without having to constantly switch timeframes or have multiple charts open. In real time, they show you exactly what is happening on the longer timeframe, in increments of the shorter timeframe.

The last MTF bar for the longer timeframe represents what the longer timeframe looks like at the close. If you refresh the charts, all the incremental data is gone, so you get multiple bars that are identical to the closing bar of the longer timeframe. The real (closing) value of the indicator didn't change, you just don't see the increments.

Example of how you might use this:

You system calls for you to go long when the M5 and M15 Psars align, and H1 CCI is above 0. You can have 3 charts open, or you can use the MTF indicators and put them all on one chart. If you system calls for you to wait for the close, then no matter what, you need to for the H1 to close before making a decision.

But, you might use a little discretion. You are on minute 50. For the last 30 minutes (6 bars on your M5 chart) your H1 CCI has been above 0 and is climbing. It's currently at 100. You decide that everything looks positive, so you enter 10 minutes before the H1 bar closes. You did all of this without ever having to switch a chart or timeframe. (BTW, I'm not suggesting that the above scenario is something to be followed. I just made something up to illustrate how the MTF indicators might be used.)

Anyway, yes, they somewhat repaint themselves, but not like normal indicators that repaint, i.e. Zig Zag. The closing data of the longer timeframes never change. You just loose the incremented values when you refresh.

Keris

Thanks

Hello Keris,

Thank you for taking the time to explain how the indicator works. What I am trying to get is where "If you refresh the charts, all the incremental data is gone, so you get multiple bars that are identical to the closing bar of the longer timeframe. The real (closing) value of the indicator didn't change, you just don't see the increments."

So I am looking for the Larger Bar data (only Completed Bars) and for every bar on the Lower timeframe just show the same data until a new larger timeframe bar has been completed.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

EK

I need to do more research

Hello Keris,

After thinking about what you have said I need to study your original indicator at depth before I decide on my course of action.

Thank you

EK

Hello, Keris:

This Super signals Indicator seems very powerful. But the #MTF_Super-signals_v1.mq4 has an error when I compile. I am not able to fix it.

Would you please help this?

Thanks a lot

Hello, Keris:

This Super signals Indicator seems very powerful. But the #MTF_Super-signals_v1.mq4 has an error when I compile. I am not able to fix it.

Would you please help this?

Thanks a lot

I dont know if this was mentioned anywhere in the thread but all #MTF indicators have return(0) outside init() function, before start(). Funny, compiles and works.

Hello, Keris and Asmdev:

Please see the error picture.

Thanks for help

Jingming

Files:
Reason: