Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 12

Have you seen the MTF supertrend bars, posted by Elihayun?

Forex Freeway only shows buy or sell, just like supertrend, but it is based on the CCI. It goes green for CCI positive, and red for negative. For now, you only get signals in real time, but if someone could code the Forex Freeway in the same manner as MTF supertrend bars, than we could backtest it manually, or maybe even make an EA out of it. what do you think?

Mtf

ok Daniel yeap its very nice option .........

#MTF for Forex freedom

Hi all

This is the 1st version of #MTF FF. It is based on the same idea as my MTF supertrend. Actually I did change the Buy/Sell to use CCI instead of ST

Hope u like it.

p.s. both indicator are not working together so well (the TF labels, working weared. I will fix it soon)

WOW! you're really fast mate! thank you.

Awesome my friend! you're the best!

There is a difference between the indicator and what the cci has shown. here is the 15 min time frame. I set it to typical price like in the indicator. I don't know what else could have been wrong.

Files:

Strange. Its acting weared only on M15. I'll take a look on it

Looking for Suggestions

Hello to All,

I am posting this question for several reasons;

1). To put my thoughts down and to make sure that I am understanding things as they are

2). To ask for others to help in my understanding of how MTF indicators work

3). To get advice on how I can work around the MTF issues to get the results I seek

For my examples I will use 15 min SMA and a MTF SMA on 60 min.

As I understand things if the 15 Min Bar is the end of the 60 min bar then the MTF 60 min value is correct for the closed 60 min bar. If the 15 min bar closes and it is inside the 60 min bar then the MTF 60 min value is correct but can change once the 60 min bar closes.

Is the above statement a fair statement as to what happens when using MTF indicators?

What I am interested in this;

15 Min Time What 60 Min Bar to Use

1:15 0:00

1:30 0:00

1:45 0:00

2:00 1:00

2:15 1:00

2:30 1:00

2:45 1:00

3:00 2:00

I want the higher timeframe to be calculated only on completed higher time frame bars.

Can anyone suggest an elegant method to accomplish this?

Thank you for your Time

EK

DanielTyrkiel:
There is a difference between the indicator and what the cci has shown. here is the 15 min time frame. I set it to typical price like in the indicator. I don't know what else could have been wrong.

I think I fixed the problem.

Here is the new version

Emerald King:
Hello to All,

I am posting this question for several reasons;

1). To put my thoughts down and to make sure that I am understanding things as they are

2). To ask for others to help in my understanding of how MTF indicators work

3). To get advice on how I can work around the MTF issues to get the results I seek

I want the higher timeframe to be calculated only on completed higher time frame bars.

Can anyone suggest an elegant method to accomplish this?

Thank you for your Time

EK

U can check some of the indicator here.

The main idea (I took it from one of the indicators here) is to take the time bars as an array of times and see if current time is less then the requested timeframe and increase the index. like here

ArrayCopySeries(TimeArray_4H,MODE_TIME,Symbol(),Period_4);

ArrayCopySeries(TimeArray_1H,MODE_TIME,Symbol(),Period_3);

ArrayCopySeries(TimeArray_30M,MODE_TIME,Symbol(),Period_2);

ArrayCopySeries(TimeArray_15M,MODE_TIME,Symbol(),Period_1);

for(i=0, y15m=0, y4h=0, y1h=0, y30m=0;i<limit;i++)

{

if (Time<TimeArray_15M[y15m]) y15m++;

if (Time<TimeArray_4H[y4h]) y4h++;

if (Time<TimeArray_1H[y1h]) y1h++;

if (Time<TimeArray_30M[y30m]) y30m++;

where Period_1 .. 4 are PERIOD_M5 , PERIOD_M15 or so

Hope u understand the idea

Reason: