Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 88

mezarashii:
I wonder how often the MTF absolute strength indicator changes colors after the bar has closed? It seems an excellent method to exit trades IF it doesn't change colors... Maybe its an overlooked gem of this forum?

check "MTF painting/repainting/nonrepainting" discussion

page 48; post 479 +

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page32

and AS (ASbar) signals (code) - post 816

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page55

Files:

mezarashii

Quote:

Hi there,

thanks for the reference, but it still doesn't give me a further understanding whether or not closed bars on smaller time frames can change with future price.

why not its simple if you have mtf 1 hour indicator on 5 minute chart. the 5 minuite candles will change or repaint till the one hour is over or closed. but you can use in realtime only not in backtesting.

lodol

v2 - histo - v1 same, just line; if you combine them you better have mtf line over histo (butwhatahell, u can have both)

what's your setups, how u want to use them?

hello

i dont understand your

"v2 - histo - v1 same, just line; if you combine them you better have mtf line over histo"

but I need this indicator to see on 5minute chart if 4 hour chart is ranging.

thx

lodol2:
hello

but I need this indicator to see on 5minute chart if 4 hour chart is ranging.

thx

to use 4h amaslope as a filter, that's it?

2. did you tryed - what's the good triggers whith AmaSlope?

show on the chart (or two) what you going to accomplish

spiritbreezer:
Hi all

I'm in need of a mtf stoch indi, which shows a vert line on a 15min chart when and where the stoch of 60min has crossed.

Hi, Susan! don't know about vert. line (maybe somebody knows), but it could be arrow(dot) or histo spike; what u need line 4 & what's with all those MMTF crosses anyway?

hi

hi fxbs

here is an example. daily chart ama slope, default, then put two linesplus /minus...depending on pair and timeframe and then it can be used as filter.

the indicator could be made likeone iof your sidebars. show green red for trending up or down and white for ranging and would be necessary to can change the lines ---between when its trending ...when its ranging...

in reality shows only the momentum..and this on MTF.. thanks for help

lodol

Files:
ama.gif  10 kb

ok

what AMAs (version) did u use on chart window (link)?

Files:
ama_slope.gif  19 kb

ama

thats the only one i have

Files:
ama.mq4  4 kb

going there, step by step

(att -just 4u to play 4 now), i'l post updates as soon as it's ready (ama slope v2)

ama - old mql stand; what Kalenzo used ( not ama optimum)

Files:
Reason: