Ema Cross! - page 80

EA with multiple time frame indicators.

My question is simple..

Can an EA be produced to take entry signals from indicators of different time frame charts..?

So can i open a long trade when the 14 period ema from the 1 minute chart rises above that same ema on the 5 minute chart. with the condition they are BOTH above the same period emas from 15 and 60 minute charts, repectively?

Can this be done on an ea?

Would appreciate the answer to this question..

Thanks all.

It is well-known case: Multi timeframe EA (MTF EA).

It can be (according to my classifications):

Slightly MTF;

Anti-MTF EA (example: trading on H1 timeframe using the signals for M15).

Hard coded MTF.

Close Trade

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to code in the option to the EMA_CROSS EA to either close a trade after XXamount of pips of after XX% of total balance?

So if i had a balance of $1000 and i wanted a 1% return then the trade will close once i reach $10

Cheers.

re

nazza08:
Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to code in the option to the EMA_CROSS EA to either close a trade after XXamount of pips of after XX% of total balance?

So if i had a balance of $1000 and i wanted a 1% return then the trade will close once i reach $10

Cheers.

You mean closing any opened trades if the balance has been increased by x%?

codersguru:
You mean closing any opened trades if the balance has been increased by x%?

Hi Code Guru

Have gone through this whole thread finally

but i still think EMA Cross v2 is still the best and stable one

which version do you recommend for the long run there has been so many many version that you have made if i recall correctly 4 versions?

also no news from mr henrick for some time on his testing

has he gone to the beach paradise already ?

Oh one more thin thank you for the version 2 works like a charm.

Regards

EMA Cross EA

Hi All,

1.Do i still need to leave my computer on with codersguru EMA Cross EA?

2.How to execute this EA on 5 or 15 mins timeframe? cause there is no option to manage the timeframe.

Hope expert here can spend your precious time to guide

Thanks inadvance

EMA Cross EA

Hi All,

This is what i found on web

IMPORTANT:

An Expert Advisor is running on your machine (client side) and not on the server of your broker. This means that if you lose your Internet connection or if you turn off your computer, the EA will not be active anymore but positions are still open. Do not panic! Modern technology created for us the VPS (VIRTUAL PRIVATE SERVER). I invite you to visit our special page dedicated to VPS by returning immediately to the top of this page.

yongda:
Hi Code Guru

Have gone through this whole thread finally

but i still think EMA Cross v2 is still the best and stable one

which version do you recommend for the long run there has been so many many version that you have made if i recall correctly 4 versions?

also no news from mr henrick for some time on his testing

has he gone to the beach paradise already ?

Oh one more thin thank you for the version 2 works like a charm.

Regards

Hi yongda

I've been reading through the whole post, and I find it very interesting. I've decided to try EMA CROSS v2, the version which you are referring to.

Could you please tell me exactly which version do you mean? Do you refer to the EMA_CROSS_2 added in 02-03-2006 08:06 AM? Otherwise, could you attach yours?

What TF are you using it? Any special pair?

Anyway, tomorrow I'll start trying the EMA_CROSS_2 in 4h TF AUD/USD (I chosed it randomly) in demo account. I'll let you know abaout the results!

Any "special" suggestion about this EA?

Thanks and congratulations for your job guys

back testing

Im trying to back test the EA and im getting weird results.

Ive got it set to the 5 and 10 ema on a 15m GU.

TP 30 SL 30 TS 20

I downloaded the extra data from my broker to make a more accurate back test (i hope)

I did period 01/2008 to 12/2010.

The problem is that it says it only made 22 trades in that period?!?! Im using pretty fast MA's so i know they crossed more than 22 times in 2 years! lol Also the relative drawdown it says was 95%! ive ran the test many times, and it always ends up the same, 100% wins except for the last trade, which was a loser.... a $13000 loser. My stop is only set to 30 pips, so im not sure how that could even happen. So that one trade is messing up the results.

I dont do alot of back testing, but it seems pretty straight forward, ive configured the EA to my specs, set the dates i want to back test, downloaded the extra data from the broker and run it.

Not sure whats off here, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EMA Crossover system: can somebody check my code?

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to learn how to program in MT4 and have started with a simple EMA crossover system for the H1 timeframe.

Simple static TP and SL.

Could somebody check my code because when i run it in the backtester it does not spill out anything.

Thanks

J

Files:
Reason: