Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 54

This EA (as every others EA) do NOT work.

I've forward-tested it since I'm an "elite" subscriber, as well as several others EA on this "elite" forum, who claimed to achieve a positive performance.

I've did it with many parameters tests, vairous MM types & risks, on various brokers.. A computer was dedicated on this, working (and reading threads) dozen and dozen of hours to set everything properly..... Losses, only losses.

My #1 conclusion is that the nature of programmed trading itself makes it unable to work properly over long (even short) term.

My #2 conclusion is that human brain worth much more than all of your "successful" EAs. Let's go back to manual trading, the only one achieving good results to me since 4 years now.

Wishing you good luck dear technicians, my subscription here stops now.

Bye.

Why do not work?

Work.

Go to RAS and see and trade.

User Signals | Rent a Signal

User Signals | Rent a Signal

For me - work.

If work for me - work for you.

My #2 conclusion is that human brain worth much more ...

I agree with it: manual trading is more reliable ... but not everybody can trade manually as it is very difficult to do consistently.

Also, it may be good to see this thread about how risky martingale and MTF EA to trade: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178788

manual

ND, If you are generating a manual and would like me to review the english grammar and spelling, I would be glad to volunteer. I do not understand the programming well enough to write the manual, but would be happy to help as I can.

I think the manual will help when we will improve this EA totally. It was started with the improvements.

But it is not easy to do as this kind of systems (hard coded MTF EAs) are difficult by logic and that is why it is not simple to improve.

iCustom call for AbsStrengthForEA

MLaden,

I thought that in coding the iCustom calls, the parameters needed to follow the name of the routine being called, and that meant a value was needed for every 'extern' in the subroutine's list, but Electra has no values it passes to the "AbsoluteStrengthForEA" routine, and the routine always comes back with a return(0). Would you please clarify how it gets the values needed to calculate the long/short indicator and how that indicator is passed back?

It is a bit more complicated than that ___________________________

Some things about ICustom() :
if in the parameters passed some parameter is left out, default value will be used (the default value that is assigned by the indicator itself) So electra is using default values that are coded in the AbsoluteStrengthForEA() indicator

what you have to keep in mind that the last two parameters for iCustom() are reserved to the buffer number from which you want to retrieve values and the bar number for which you want those values.

So, with iCustom() you are not actually getting "an answer" from AbsoluteStrengthForEA() itself, but you are letting it calculate values and then you are retrieving values that it stored in its buffer(s).

Also, the return(0) is a bit of mystery in metatrader 4 start() function. In the new metatrader 5 that controls the number of bars processed (so no need to calculate them again) but I never found what does it mean for version 4.

regards

mladen

jjasper7:
MLaden, I thought that in coding the iCustom calls, the parameters needed to follow the name of the routine being called, and that meant a value was needed for every 'extern' in the subroutine's list, but Electra has no values it passes to the "AbsoluteStrengthForEA" routine, and the routine always comes back with a return(0). Would you please clarify how it gets the values needed to calculate the long/short indicator and how that indicator is passed back?

Thank you, that makes more sense now.

visually determine assolute strenght state

Hi Mladen,

I was wandering if there is a way to visually determine the absolute strenght state in order to start the ea on every single cross on the change of state.

Looking at the code, it seems like the ea reads the buffer 0 to be aaligned in shift 1 and 2 for allow a buy orders and reads buffer 1 to be alligned in shift 1 and 2 for sell orders.

The problem I'm triing to avoid is to start the ea on a cross when the buffers are alligned already for a long time and maybe ready to change in the opposite direction.

Is there a indi you modified for the ea?

Thanks

Rob

Rob,

If I understand you correctly this what you are looking for. It is based on igorads indicator (modified in order to show "market states" that are than used in the EA, instead of showing the original values). The part of code that is of interest to you is at the end - this code :

//

//

//

//

//

for( shift=limit; shift>=0; shift--)

{

double mainBulls = iCustom(NULL,0,indicatorFileName,"calc",Mode,Length,Smooth,Signal,Price,ModeMA,OverBought,OverSold,0,shift);

double signBulls = iCustom(NULL,0,indicatorFileName,"calc",Mode,Length,Smooth,Signal,Price,ModeMA,OverBought,OverSold,2,shift);

double mainBears = iCustom(NULL,0,indicatorFileName,"calc",Mode,Length,Smooth,Signal,Price,ModeMA,OverBought,OverSold,1,shift);

double signBears = iCustom(NULL,0,indicatorFileName,"calc",Mode,Length,Smooth,Signal,Price,ModeMA,OverBought,OverSold,3,shift);

SmthBulls[shift] = EMPTY_VALUE;

SmthBears[shift] = EMPTY_VALUE;

SigBulls[shift] = EMPTY_VALUE;

SigBears[shift] = EMPTY_VALUE;

if (mainBulls>signBulls && mainBearssignBears && signBulls>signBears) SmthBulls[shift]=1;

if (mainBullssignBears && mainBulls<mainBears && signBulls<mainBears) SmthBears[shift]=2;

if (mainBulls>signBulls && mainBears>signBears) SigBulls[shift] =3;

if (mainBulls<signBulls && mainBears<signBears) SigBears[shift] =4;

}

You will also notice that it, when placed to chart, does not look at all as the absolute strength indicator - that comes from the change in it (you might tell that it is "absolute strength based" indicator, and not the "absolute strength" indicator) The funny dots and lines are the ABsoluteStrengthForEA indicator, bellow it is the original absolute strength indicator

regards

mladen

aurigafx:
Hi Mladen,

I was wandering if there is a way to visually determine the absolute strenght state in order to start the ea on every single cross on the change of state.

Looking at the code, it seems like the ea reads the buffer 0 to be aaligned in shift 1 and 2 for allow a buy orders and reads buffer 1 to be alligned in shift 1 and 2 for sell orders.

The problem I'm triing to avoid is to start the ea on a cross when the buffers are alligned already for a long time and maybe ready to change in the opposite direction.

Is there a indi you modified for the ea?

Thanks

Rob
Files:

thankyou mladen,

if I got you well, i'll have to look at igorad indi to have an idea of market condition, looking for line crosses, havent I?

best regards

Rob

Reason: