E&A Standard Trading System - page 28

LAst and new rules

target 20 pips

enter : next bar after the signal

stop: exactly in the signal (previous bar)

seems to work pretty well for now.

slow system but good winin ratio

nirvaman,

Since you have mentioned in an earlier post about dynamic TP and SL, I have been kicking around an idea for such a task using your indicator. What if you where to calculate the range of the x amount of times the APA was above the 0.25 level to calculate the TP and SL?

I don't know if such an idea would be useful. It might have to be something to the effect of calculating the the range of the x amount of times the APA was above the 0.25 level on x day of the week for x amount of weeks.

Just a thought. Perhaps there is an easier way to accomplish this.

-DREWP

Dance

smartlee:
Trading Forex is liking playing music, rhythm and speed are alway changing.You are playing rock beat, the music is quickly changing to rap. You try to catch it, it changes to waltz. You set a rule, but the rule does not work well.

Setting stop lose and target (50/30 pips) and 0.25 line are good this week, but what's going on next week. We may always changes our plan, but who knows the speed of the next song?

anyway, I like this system! . Hopefully, we can mke it better and better.

I totally agree ...... But with each genre, and measure change, you must learn to change with the beat..... DANCE DANCE ...... And this system is the closest, I have found that can change with the SONG.......

#MTF AlaskanPipAssassin small bug

Hi DREWP,

I think you have miss something on #MTF AlaskanPipAssassin

Check out the codes:-

ArrayCopySeries(TimeArray,MODE_TIME,Symbol(),TimeFrame);

limit=Bars-counted_bars;

for(i=0,y=0;i<limit;i++) [/CODE]

Don't you think it suppose to be:-

[CODE]limit=Bars-counted_bars+TimeFrame/Period();

By the way, I love your system..Keep up the good work..

DREWP:
nirvaman,

Since you have mentioned in an earlier post about dynamic TP and SL, I have been kicking around an idea for such a task using your indicator. What if you where to calculate the range of the x amount of times the APA was above the 0.25 level to calculate the TP and SL?

I don't know if such an idea would be useful. It might have to be something to the effect of calculating the the range of the x amount of times the APA was above the 0.25 level on x day of the week for x amount of weeks.

Just a thought. Perhaps there is an easier way to accomplish this.

-DREWP

nice idea. I will code it this weekend or in work .

AlaskanPipAsassin..........

If my memory serves me correctly, this indicator is a renamed version of the VQ.mq4 and I see on their Thread that they have improved the original quite considerably. The present Alaskin downloaded from your Thread, seems to behave like in the beginning of the VQ concept. You may want to look into this.

Secondly, I have an ADX Crossing indicator by Amir which I find extremely accurate almost to the point of disbelief. It outperforms the 2 I have downloaded from your zipped file and I place it here for your perusal and comment.

Best wishes.

Files:

ValeoFX:
If my memory serves me correctly, this indicator is a renamed version of the VQ.mq4 and I see on their Thread that they have improved the original quite considerably. The present Alaskin downloaded from your Thread, seems to behave like in the beginning of the VQ concept. You may want to look into this.

Secondly, I have an ADX Crossing indicator by Amir which I find extremely accurate almost to the point of disbelief. It outperforms the 2 I have downloaded from your zipped file and I place it here for your perusal and comment.

Best wishes.

Hey yah Valeo !

I think pip assasin alaskan (or whatever you like) REPAINTS ?

I ask confirmation.

Thanks Valeo, been looking for a good ADX cross indicator. As far as the APA, I agree, it repaints very badly. Anyone who questions it, just open strategy tester and watch it.

ValeoFX:

Best wishes.

Seems like a great news for E&A system..

Thanks for the indicator ValeoFX.

ADX crossing

Be careful with it.

for (shift = CountBars; shift>=0; shift--)

{

b4plusdi=iADX(NULL,0,ADXbars,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_PLUSDI,shift-1);

nowplusdi=iADX(NULL,0,ADXbars,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_PLUSDI,shift);

b4minusdi=iADX(NULL,0,ADXbars,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MINUSDI,shift-1);

nowminusdi=iADX(NULL,0,ADXbars,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MINUSDI,shift);

if (b4plusdi>b4minusdi && nowplusdi<nowminusdi)

{

val1[shift]=Low[shift]-5*Point;

}

if (b4plusdinowminusdi)

{

val2[shift]=High[shift]+5*Point;

}

}

It is looking for future values (the shift-1 parameter) to find out crossings

Reason: