Volatility Expansion system! - page 9

The Larry book is good. One thing that confuse me in the book is when does he take profit?. In the beginning he talks about holding positions for 2-3 days and in the middle about taking profit at the end of every day.

Anyone knows?

Profit yesterday 82 pip....

radicalmoses:
I agree. My results were based on 5months data with lots of gaps. Over long period, the markets change a lot and sometimes it might be ranging for a long time and decrease the overall pofitibility.

The problem as I see it is the time taken to calculate the buy/sell stops.

It has been taken as 00gmt to 00gmt.

We all know that the best time to trade GBP and EUR is the eur session and NY session. Maybe that should be the time to be used for calculations.

What do you guys think?? let me know.

Igor, is there any way we can adjust the time of reference?

I manually "back-tested" your system from October 3, 2005 until yesterday. I fail to see how you can be "excited" about this - I then changed the entries to your "STOPS" with dramatic improvement in pips generated. However, my "testing" was done with the view of me sitting in front of the screen, otherwise you may just as well "give your money away."

I can post my Excel s/sheet here if you wish, but it is pretty obvious imo that you have to rethink your strategy.

Can someone change the votalitybreakout.mq4-file to have new day start on open of pound-session about 06.00 gmt?

Larry talks in the book about daily open-price of stock, in our gbpusd-case it would be open of pound-session.

Thanks

Hi,

Think next week I shall solve this problem.

Igor

Hi,

I have developed new version of VoltyBreakout Expert with TimeZone option.

This parameter can be optimized.

Looks very interesting.

Igor

Hi

Could someone change this Daily Volatility Breakout.mq4 to have new day start on open of pound-session about 06.00 gmt instead of 00.00?

Larry talks in the book about daily open-price of stock, in our gbpusd-case it would be open of pound-session.

Thanks

Can someone help me with the basics of getting an EA up and running? I've downloaded the files, but I'm not sure I've put them in the right directory. I can't seem to find them in my Meta 4.

Hi,

You should download files in '../Metatrader 4/experts' folder and compile it.

Info concerning tracert.mqh you can find in post #48 in this thread.

Igor

chims:
Can someone help me with the basics of getting an EA up and running? I've downloaded the files, but I'm not sure I've put them in the right directory. I can't seem to find them in my Meta 4.

In Strategy Builder FX:

You must have in expert/include: tracert and stdlib.

Copy simplydailyrange.... in expert,

compile and save,

add to the chart

Coyan

igorad:
Hi,

I have developed new version of VoltyBreakout Expert with TimeZone option.

This parameter can be optimized.

Looks very interesting.

Igor

I backtested this EA and please find the result.

It is without MM.

EURUSD

H1 timeframe

Pre-set file without MM (attached)

0.1 lot

06/10/2004 till 26/04/2006

Every tick, modelling quality 90%

Starting deposit 10,000

Total net profit 1,492

Profit factor 1.58

Total trades 163

EURUSD

H1 timeframe

Pre-set file without MM (attached)

0.1 lot

09/01/2001 till 11/11/2005

Starting deposit 5,000

Total net profit 3,040

Profit factor 1.34

Total trades 463

EURUSD

H1 timeframe

Pre-set file without MM (attached but timezone was changed to 2)

0.1 lot

09/01/2001 till 11/11/2005

Starting deposit 5,000

Total net profit 3,858

Profit factor 1.45

Total trades 490

Reason: