Volatility Expansion system! - page 8

radicalmoses:
The EA is in post 45, plz read and attach to your chart.

The changes are :

Buy/Sell: 130%

SL: 50%

TDW : Monday and friday only

MM: true

Hope that helps

Thanks for info,

i will forward test on monday...

Glader,

Please make the following correction

Buy/Sell : 130%

SL : 70%

TDW - Monday, wednesday, thursday and friday = true

Tuesday - false

MM : true

Thanks and pls post your result here so we can see how good it is.

I had to reinstall the MT4 on my computer and hence I think I have been having faulty data and my EA is actually showing negative.

I tried to download the 1min data fom alpari and import it but it does not show the data for last 2 years.

Can someone please help me out and tell me what I am doing wrong??

Thanks and keep up the good work.

radicalmoses:
Glader,

Please make the following correction

Buy/Sell : 130%

SL : 70%

TDW - Monday, wednesday, thursday and friday = true

Tuesday - false

MM : true

Thanks and pls post your result here so we can see how good it is.

I had to reinstall the MT4 on my computer and hence I think I have been having faulty data and my EA is actually showing negative.

I tried to download the 1min data fom alpari and import it but it does not show the data for last 2 years.

Can someone please help me out and tell me what I am doing wrong??

Thanks and keep up the good work.

You cannot even do the most basic things as downloading, then how can you see beyond your nose and trade, i honestly believe you are a lost cuase.

Here you go,

GBPUSD,

2004.06.22 14:00 - 2006.02.17 00:00

130%, 130%, 70%,

1H, 1Lot, MM 0,15,

without Tuesday

After long hours of testing and optimalising this EA, I understood quite obvious thing, we cannot adjust paremeters to historic data. Certain parameters are very profitable in one period, but the same parameters in other period give us big loss, and DD 60%-70%. If we start in this time, we are bankrupt.

And we can't predict best parameters for next week, next month, next year...

krall:
After long hours of testing and optimalising this EA, I understood quite obvious thing, we cannot adjust paremeters to historic data. Certain parameters are very profitable in one period, but the same parameters in other period give us big loss, and DD 60%-70%. If we start in this time, we are bankrupt. And we can't predict best parameters for next week, next month, next year...

I agree. My results were based on 5months data with lots of gaps. Over long period, the markets change a lot and sometimes it might be ranging for a long time and decrease the overall pofitibility.

The problem as I see it is the time taken to calculate the buy/sell stops.

It has been taken as 00gmt to 00gmt.

We all know that the best time to trade GBP and EUR is the eur session and NY session. Maybe that should be the time to be used for calculations.

What do you guys think?? let me know.

Igor, is there any way we can adjust the time of reference?

keris2112:
I think this model is simple enough to trade manually. Shouldn't be too difficult to backtest by hand, either.

Anyway, here's an indicator showing the buy/sell points and their exits.

Upper blue is long entry. Lower blue is long exit.

Lower red is short entry. Upper red is short exit.

You can change the 70%/50% values. You can run this on any timeframe up to daily and it will show the 70/50 values for the day. Let me know if you find any bugs.

Keris

I think it get wrong on mondays due to small ranging on sun-monday when forex starts, see attached picture. There is no 50 pip stoploss on mondays, more 8 pip. Could you change so on monday we will have fridays hi/low?

Files:
tsd_3.jpg  55 kb

Someone could make an ea which place the trades every morning when london session begins and close them at night 23.59?

This has been done in another sort of way in hans123-thread at strategybuilder.

Thanks.

Files:
tsd_4.jpg  86 kb

Hi,

Look at this please

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173698

Igor

igorad:
Hi,

Look at this please

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173698

Igor