Discussion - page 66

Error in MT4 strategy tester

I'm trying to back test the Firebird v63g on MT4 but get the following:

error(volume limit 353 at 2007.11.01 16:30 exceeded). Anybody knows what I did wrong?

barnardgj:
I'm trying to back test the Firebird v63g on MT4 but get the following: error(volume limit 353 at 2007.11.01 16:30 exceeded). Anybody knows what I did wrong?

This is a MT terminal data error, not an EA error, unfortunately the latest build of MT give a lot of these types of error, but I tracked down this error to an incompatibility of the MT datacenter, probably your broker didn't update yet his MT datacenter to the latest 333 version build Available from November 6 or the error is from a data stored on your terminal from before that date.

M5, M15, M30

Hello everyone,

do we have any M1, M5, M15, manual trading strategy working well in the forums?

Thank you

project1972:
This is a MT terminal data error, not an EA error, unfortunately the latest build of MT give a lot of these types of error, but I tracked down this error to an incompatibility of the MT datacenter, probably your broker didn't update yet his MT datacenter to the latest 333 version build Available from November 6 or the error is from a data stored on your terminal from before that date.

Yes I agree: it is something with latest build of Metatrader and MT datacenter.

I have my own Windows 2003 server running many instances of MT-Datacenter feeding a local network with a farm of Demo terminals and Real Accounts doing live trading.

The entire network have redundant broadband connection and UPS backup.

Because of a gigabyte local network and the MTdatacenter server, order collision between terminals doesn't exist and the use of outside Internet bandwidth is rather low.

Recently I had over 180 demo terminals of different brokers doing demo forward testing of many strategies from TSD, own made and commercials. others terminals download tick data, and others are doing live trading on real accounts.

Now I turned down a bunch of demo terminals because of unprofitable results.

I anyone want to do a long term forward testing of any strategy, I have capacity available, but I decided if spend resources on your EA or not.

Files:

project1972:
I have my own Windows 2003 server running many instances of MT-Datacenter feeding a local network with a farm of Demo terminals and Real Accounts doing live trading.

The entire network have redundant broadband connection and UPS backup.

Because of a gigabyte local network and the MTdatacenter server, order collision between terminals doesn't exist and the use of outside Internet bandwidth is rather low.

Recently I had over 180 demo terminals of different brokers doing demo forward testing of many strategies from TSD, own made and commercials. others terminals download tick data, and others are doing live trading on real accounts.

Now I turned down a bunch of demo terminals because of unprofitable results.

I anyone want to do a long term forward testing of any strategy, I have capacity available, but I decided if spend resources on your EA or not.

Hello 1972,

could you please explain your hardware/software configuration. I'am very intersted in purchasing a multi-terminal solution.

Thank you?

Great question flytox. I'm updating too

Flytox:
Hello 1972,

could you please explain your hardware/software configuration. I'am very intersted in purchasing a multi-terminal solution.

Thank you?

Well, I will not explain how to build a local network and every detail because this will require many pages of information, but this subject is not related to forex and you can find a lot of info in the Internet, but almost everyone have a basic local network of at least 2 PC connected to Internet, it consist of cat5 cables and a router, today also there are many WI-FI routers (wireless)

Metatrader datacenter and instructions is available here

MT DataCenter basically is a proxy-server to distribute all the income data between all the MT terminals you are using without clog your Internet bandwidth or broker bandwidth.

Imagine that you are running 10 Demo forward testing, every terminal have to download their own quotes data from the broker, if every terminal use 20kb of Internet bandwidth you will have 200 kb of bandwidth of Internet connection with your broker, and if you use 100 terminal you need 2 Mb of bandwidth, you are clogging your own Internet connection and your broker with redundant and repetitive data.

In the other hand if you install the datacenter, the quotes data is downloaded only ONE time and distributed between all the terminals. you can have 1000 terminals connected and still use the same paltry 20kb of Internet bandwidth, you are not clogging your Internet and broker Internet bandwidth with redundant data !!!

The MT datacenter also will handle terminal updates and will keep data quotes on his cache.

I use normal PC and Laptops to run 10 to 50 terminals on each, if space is a factor you can buy a blade server and probably you will be able to run 500 or 1000 MT terminals or more in one server, but I am not that sophisticated and I don't need it.

Thanks for your explanations and your EA's.

Great EA with many indicator to confirm the OP

Are there any EA that have best performance on Usd/Jpn & Eur/Usd on any timezone and on TF 1H or 4H ?

And Opening Position base on several indicator to confirm..:)

Reason: