Discussion - page 62

Folks,

I find that forward testing with a microlot of 0.01...is far better than backtesting and lets hope we can persude ND to get a USA backtesting/forwardtesting capability...(this does not serve him personally as he trades in Russia...so it would be a very "giving" thing if he were to spend the hours to report data just for us here in the USA)

Do not misunderstand me...I am saying that I do not live and die by backtesting...but i can use it as a comparison to when changes are made within the test and the improvemnts discovered. The "change" or the "difference" is significant to making decisions about how to forward test.

ES

ND,

Perhaps in going forward you might create an IBFX sticky link for the top five performers. In that link you can just list the top five from the beginning wiith their setfiles...all in one place...You can update it weekly if you wish.

No need to make too much work for yourself.

ES

New Digital...

Try this address they do not care...

1065 South Colorado Blvd. (you can change the number to whatever you like...1085....1056...1032...1072...)

Denver, CO. 80206

USA

Use a bogus phone number like:

3033939821 (you can change the last four numbers to your choice)

try using a free email addresses with gmail.com

I can send you link to open up an account at gmail if you need. (give me your email address and I will send you an invitataion to gmail).

ES

P.S. If they filter Russian addresses or IP's that would be news to me, but I am giving you an alternative and want to help you so badly as you give so much to the trading community and you are one of the good guys. I hope you open up this Elite Section to be useful to clients in the USA...Thanks for your consideration.

I am looking for the thread titled MAChannel ...(This is #4 in the Total Leaders thread).

Is it named something else?

Late Edit: I found it under codersguru in the total leaders thread...is there a discussion thread somewhere about it?...

ES

I would like to try the 20pips expert 2.1 on the USD/CHF and I read the public thread. I am more confused about the time now than ever. The expert StartTime: "1" What is this in GMT time? IBFX uses GMT + 0 for their server time...what do I add or subtract from this default of "1" ? Also to make matters more confusing... tomorrow is a time change here in Denver, CO.

ES

P.S. also is 2.1 fully automatic?

All EAs links to downloads and links to the settings and EAs' thread are on files thread here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

MaChannel does not have any special thread as it is contest EA by Codersguru. The home for this EA is this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

20pips expert 2.1 is portfolio EA and the home for this EA is this portfolio thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174701

Why portfolio? Because the profit should be calculated yearly for this slowly going EA. It is not EA to make quick profit.

Yes, you should subtract. 3 or 2 ... Now you must substruct 2 (Alpari rus is on GMT+2 now). So, it is the better to use 0.

Anyway you must compare your IBFX demo pending order prices with my Alpari demo order prices: it is very easy to do as your 20 pips EA will open 2 pending orders per pair per day and my 20 pips will do the same.

As to IBFX broker so I am very sorry. I can not repeat some EAs testing with this broker. I selected the brokers according to the following criteria: good similar data feed, data provided for several years for backtesting and good connection between metatraderand the broker. IBFX did not provide the data for backtesting for several years. And IBFX data is not good to use with EAs compare with Alpari rus, North Finance and Fibo Group for example. esides, I do not have space on testing server already: to test something new so I will need to stop something old. But those something old was forward tested for 1 or 2 years!

I will not repeat my forward testing with IBFX broker. Only I can do is the following:

I will install IBFX MetaTrader to forward test some new interesting EAs with this IBFX broker.

I may help you to find the settings for IBFX just simple explanation about what to do step by step. It was already done for SBS and TPE Es by different people and you may see it from SBS and TPE threads.

The other suggestuion for the people who will unsubscribe from elite section.

Copy the following threads to your computer:

EAs:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044 with all EAs/settings/links/threads and so on

Indicators:

his thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176023 and this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

And many people are doing like this:

When they unsubscribed so they are asking about news from elite section using this public threads https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173581 and https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

And I will reply in very opened way: new EA was created, say about perfornace, IBFX testing started, settings created, manual system created and so on. And members will decided: to subscribe once again or not.

Nothing wrong with it as many people are doing like that: they are asking me by PM mainly about the news and they are deciding to subscribe once again or not. For example, some member was elite member for 1 or 2 months, then unsubscribed and asked for the news after 6 months to subscribe for 1 month. That is no problem with it.

If you are using paypal so your subscription is automatically re-newed. Please read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175704 to know how to unsubscribe any time.

Why i am talking about it?

Because everything is going slowly in elite section. Slowly and in conservative way.

ElectricSavant:
I am looking for the thread titled MAChannel ...(This is #4 in the Total Leaders thread).

Is it named something else?

Late Edit: I found it under codersguru in the total leaders thread...is there a discussion thread somewhere about it?...

ES

Some EAs will perform very differently because it was coded like that. For example MaChannel. This Ea was coded on high/low of the close bar and high/low of the close bar is very differebnt from different broker. And it is also impossible to backtest this EA or to optimize the settings: the backtesting will be fvery different from forward testing because of this high/low coding. I am using the settings suggested by Codersguru (default settings for all the pairs). It was discussed in MaChannel thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

The same with Firebird. It was discussed as well.

Most good way to reduce differencies betwem brokers data (Alpari and IBFX for example) is to use perding orders. In this case SBS and TPE EAs are very good. And Envelpe as well. Some coders are using pending orders just to get the same results with every broker.

You can also see excel file with all the performance. i am updating this excel file weekly (already updated) https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

It was some discussion with many posts about EAs and deposit size. It is 4 or 5 pages back on this thread on the doloowing way: EA; possible initial deposit size; risk. So, just find it because it will help you a lot.

Top 3 leaders and total leaders. Total leaders does not mean "the best EA". It is some kind of sorting only. Firebird is not the best, right? But this EA is on top 1 ...

I think the selection of the EA is not easy process and initial deposit size and possible personal risk are very important.

Try to look at StepMaExpert 1.45 version as well.

SBS 1.21 is fine.

As to SBS 1.23 so it is necessary to test more this EA as it is more profitable but much more risky.

And so on.

ND,

I understand you like Alpari Russia....but your reasoning earlier stated...that MT4 was from Russia...you are in Russia...and Alpari has deeper history available with a good connection.

How many readers come to your Forum that use Alpari Russia..? that can read Russian? This is my problem. I cannot read the Alpari site...let alone send money from the USA there.

I am not trying to argue here...But you would have more clients here in the Elite Section that could use your most excellent work if you would only change dealers to a mainstream dealer such as IBFX. (I am sure that even Alpari has smoothing algorithms to some extent...all of the dealers have software in one way or another that alters the feed)

Is Forextsd targeting Russian traders and developers only?

Do you realize how busy and helpful this place would be if you could find a way to share with more people about IBFX Data?...I am currently testing four EA's from here and I have no idea how to change the settings in some of them to try and match with your reports...it just would be so much easier if you got a more popular dealer and shared....Surley you can get one or two years of IBFX history.

Surley you can obtain the demographics of the people visiting your site (IP addresses)...I would venture to say that there are many from the USA and that segment is growing faster than ever...(if you take a list of all of the MT4 dealers...who is the largest? would IBFX be near the top? where would Alpari Russia be? Fibo?) I just cannot understand why Forextsd would not understand that they are GLOBAL and surly should go where the readership is...unless they want to specialize in the Russian Market...

I wish I knew the Russian language as you know the English language ND...

ES

P.S. Forextsd is becoming the "EliteTrader" of Forex and is the best Forum for automation with MT4.

newdigital:

As to IBFX broker so I am very sorry. I can not repeat some EAs testing with this broker. I selected the brokers according to the following criteria: good similar data feed, data provided for several years for backtesting and good connection between metatraderand the broker. IBFX did not provide the data for backtesting for several years. And IBFX data is not good to use with EAs compare with Alpari rus, North Finance and Fibo Group for example. esides, I do not have space on testing server already: to test something new so I will need to stop something old. But those something old was forward tested for 1 or 2 years!

I will not repeat my forward testing with IBFX broker. Only I can do is the following:

I will install IBFX MetaTrader to forward test some new interesting EAs with this IBFX broker.

I may help you to find the settings for IBFX just simple explanation about what to do step by step. It was already done for SBS and TPE Es by different people and you may see it from SBS and TPE threads.

ElectricSavant:
ND,

I understand you like Alpari Russia....but your reasoning earlier stated...that MT4 was from Russia...you are in Russia...and Alpari has deeper history available with a good connection.

How many readers come to your Forum that use Alpari Russia..? that can read Russian? This is my problem. I cannot read the Alpari site...let alone send money from the USA there.

I am not trying to argue here...But you would have more clients here in the Elite Section that could use your most excellent work if you would only change dealers to a mainstream dealer such as IBFX.

Is Forextsd targeting Russian traders and developers only?

Do you realize how busy and helpful this place would be if you could find a way to share with more people about IBFX Data?...I am currently testing four EA's from here and I have no idea how to change the settings in some of them to try and match with your reports...it just would be so much easier if you got a more popular dealer and shared....Surley you can get one or two years of IBFX history.

Surley you can obtain the demographics of the people visiting your site (IP addresses)...I would venture to say that there are many from the USA and that segment is growing faster than ever...

I wish I knew the Russian language as you know the English language ND...

ES

P.S. Forextsd is becoming the "EliteTrader" of Forex.

It is nothing with any country.

Alpari broker presented their data for 4 years for backtesting. Everybody is using Alpari data for backtesting and optimizing. And Alpari data is very similar with North Finance, Fibo Group and LiteForex broker. So, it is 4 brokers already. IBFX data is different. And elite server is fully full of Metatraders. I even can not open any website from elite server: elite server is full.

All I can do now is the following: I will create demo with IBFX, download IBFX Metatrader, stop testing some problematic EAs and use this Metatrader just to test 1 or 2 new EAs and to select the settings for IBFX. But it will not be for 1 day and for 1 week: because i will have 1 month data for IBFX with new Metatrader so it is not enough. Besides, the data of IBFX is very spiky ...

As I know Igorad is creating some scalper and some other EA so we may use IBFX just to test something new. And to find the settings for old EAs as well.

But for now it is the better to change my Alpari settings. Because I was created the settings for some EAs during the few week or months: Envelope EA for several months. Same with Firebird. So, we are having some proven settings already. All we need is just to change the settings in right way.

I will test EAs with IBFX but it is not quick process.

Reason: