Pen Creation Error 87

Does anybody know what this is? I get it when trying to test an indicator in strategy tester. 

The indicator draws trend lines on the chart 

thanks 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types - Documentation on MQL5

Can you post some code to demonstrate your issue ?

angevoyageur:
Can you post some code to demonstrate your issue ?

hi, I have discovered where the error is and it is not my code. 

The MT5 visual tester does not handle the objects correctly. If the line style is not set to SOLID then one of two things happens:

1) it shows the line but as SOLID style

2) it does not show the line and gives the Pen Creation Error - this error is not available to MT5 ie: I cannot catch it.

In order to work around this I have had to place a text message on the screen in Tester mode so that users understand the issue is with the tester and not the product. I have also changed the code to set the STYLE to solid if the program is running in test mode.

I have raised a service desk issue, but I think there are still some issues with object handling in test mode, some appear to jump about and I suspect that the objects are not getting updated as often as they should to save execution time of the tester.

Visualize a Strategy in the MetaTrader 5 Tester
Visualize a Strategy in the MetaTrader 5 Tester
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
We all know the saying "Better to see once than hear a hundred times". You can read various books about Paris or Venice, but based on the mental images you wouldn't have the same feelings as on the evening walk in these fabulous cities. The advantage of visualization can easily be projected on any aspect of our lives, including work in the market, for example, the analysis of price on charts using indicators, and of course, the visualization of strategy testing. This article contains descriptions of all the visualization features of the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester.
Reason: