Firebird EA - page 47

Firebird - blown account?

Hi Firebird-lovers,

For the fun of it, I have back-tested Firebird v0.65 (Fixed) on a 4 hour chart.

Start balance $50 000, on EURUSD

Settings were:

Moving Average 13, MA Timeframe 240, Type 0, Percent .5, Lots 5, TP 90, SL 500, Pipstep 35, Trailstop 250

Based on a decent modelling quality of 90% and starting fresh each year, returns were at least $250 000 per annum for 3 years in a row! And showed even more money when the settings were stretched wider.

The account was'nt blown at any stage and maintained a very gradual and steady growth. Relatively.

Wonder how it would have done in the real world , though....

Good performance for this week for this EA.

Files:

Seems this one is slowing down in its profits and other versions people have tried to make better have failed.Perhaps the brokers have figured it out and altered there software to mess it up.Maybe we should all name the same EA's different names when using them cos they can see the name of what is loaded not the code in the file.

all versions of fibebird are not excuting any orders . I tried more than three of meta trader platforms (updtaded) could anyone help please?

Chart Man:
all versions of fibebird are not excuting any orders . I tried more than three of meta trader platforms (updtaded) could anyone help please?

Did you allow live trading in two places in Metatrader?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174952/page5

And try to compile EA to MetaEditor: may be some error (may be you downloaded some old version).

This EA is not trading often.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page2

I have this week the following:

- USDJPY: +4 pips (order was opened yesterday and closed already);

- USDCHF: +3 pips (order was opened yesterday and closed already);

- EURUSD: +41 pips (order was opened in 01st of June and was closed this week).

And one order is open now for USDCHF.

Your not using this live surely right and have got 60613 pips? of live money?Whats that at $50 a pip $3,030,650 Dang....

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:
Seems this one is slowing down in its profits and other versions people have tried to make better have failed.Perhaps the brokers have figured it out and altered there software to mess it up.Maybe we should all name the same EA's different names when using them cos they can see the name of what is loaded not the code in the file.

I just looked at the statements for this week:

- USDJPY: +523 pips;

- EURUSD: +378 pips.

It is just for this week only.

Files:
firebird065.zip  22 kb

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:
Your not using this live surely right and have got 60613 pips? of live money?Whats that at $50 a pip $3,030,650 Dang....

This EA is openning more than 100 orders for one pair only just in one time. So, it should be very big starting deposit to use it with real money. Not less then 50,000. What is why I am not using this EA with real money. I am still testing it on demo account.

Yes ok but why not just decrease lots and use on smaller account?

Same thing is it not?Decrease lots use on 5k account?

It is really surprising to me that this ea isn't more popular I mean you've been testing it on demo for a year an a half 4 main pairs 60 thousand pips I mean no other EA ever has really got that much, some say they do from back test etc but you've been forward testing.

Usually if someone say 60 thousand pips then they just lying trying to sell it but your not selling it its free so of course its true.

So apparently this doesn't trade very often?Like how often?

Does the creator of it TraderSeven even know that it has these results?He made it back in 2005?

So many questions unanswered about an EA which results are exceptional.

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:
Yes ok but why not just decrease lots and use on smaller account?

Same thing is it not?Decrease lots use on 5k account?

It is really surprising to me that this ea isn't more popular I mean you've been testing it on demo for a year an a half 4 main pairs 60 thousand pips I mean no other EA ever has really got that much, some say they do from back test etc but you've been forward testing.

Usually if someone say 60 thousand pips then they just lying trying to sell it but your not selling it its free so of course its true.

So apparently this doesn't trade very often?Like how often?

Does the creator of it TraderSeven even know that it has these results?He made it back in 2005?

So many questions unanswered about an EA which results are exceptional.

I am using my settings. Besides as I understand this EA was coded on open and high/low of open bar and that is why we are getting too many orders sometimes. I do not like this EA and I said many times about it:

- because I will need big deposit size;

- because many coders tried to fix this "100 orders" and could not;

- because this EA was not developed inside our forum;

- because 100 orders (mainly in profit) will be once per 3 months only. So what is the point to deposit 50,000 real money and wait for 3 months for possible "100 orders" in profit? No any point for me. But it is my personal so you may try

- because it was one time when this "100 orders" were closed in loss. It was more than -$10,000 losses just for 10 minutes. It was once only. Other cases were in profit. But this one time "100 orders" lossing was fully enough for me to understand: this EA is very risky for me. Once again: I am talking about myself only.

I am testing this EA because it is very old classical EA.

Just to let you know about what forex people did before our forum was started.

Just a history of the forex system development.

Only for this reason I am testing this EA.

Reason: