Firebird EA - page 63

The same settings as linked in files thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

M30 if I remember.

I am not changing the settings and timefrmes.

Files:

BTW, I also back tested USD/JPY of 2008-02-05 with Firebird 6.5 and 6.5 tf, the results are total different from your statement.

So, what is the problem?

I used IBFX to do the backtest.

hi, Newdigital

I found in the statement of USD/JPY on 2008-02-05 that both Firebird V 6.5 and Firebird V 6.5tf opened a lot of positions at a same second.

Is this phenomenem normal or is it a bug? (It is very weired that only on 2008-02-08 Firebird 6.5 and 6.5 tf opened a lot of positions at a same second)

If it is normal, then how much should I fund an account to avoid a maigin call? Becase to open so many positions at the same time costs a lot of margin.

THnaks in advance!!

It was asked many times on this thread with many replies. I will not repeat it. Just read this thread.

To say shortly:

- i don' like this EA but people are asking and asking ...

It is not the best EA in elite section.

- yes, bad for margins (sometimes);

- some people said that it is bug; the other people said that it is fine and asking me to continue testing this EA;

- backtesting and forward testing will not be the same with this EA as this EA is using open bar, close bar and may be high/low of the bar. The same with MaChannel EA (coded on high/low of the close bar and because of that backtesting will not be the same as forward testing).

For more information and opinions please read this thread as it was discussed many times already.

All the statements/excel fine with performance were updated https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174416

hi, Newdigital

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Since you mentioned that you don't like Firebird and Firebird is not the best EA in the elite forum, so which one do you think is the best or which ones do you think are better then Firebird?

Thanks in advance!

I replied it many times already

Check discusion thread : it was some discusion about EAs (profitable EAs named) and minimum deposit size.

And there is the thread about trading with real money with few statements and some discussion as well.

Many EAs are very good but it depends on your risk understanding, your system understanding (it is impossible to use EA if we don;t understand why EA is openning the order), deposit, and so on.

Also look at Mandarine EA thread (I worked woth excel just to understand the performance because I am forward testing EAs with the sdame settings for the years but basicly you do nopt need the results for the year - you need the results for some more short period of time).

Just look aroud: as many people as many opinions ... so it is very personally about what is the best and what is not the best.

Some people are still thinking that Firebird is the best and using it with real money. It is very personal: best EA for me will not be the best EA for you in some cases.

Thanks Newdigital!

I am a newbie, I hope I can get what I want here.

Some trades were closed by Firebird today (mainly in profit) so statements updated attached.

Files:
firebird065.zip  121 kb

I tried to make a Firebird 0.65 Reversed version (Buy above , Sell Below) but I don't see it trading as yet......if someone can look at the code to make it work that would be great....

Thanks

Reason: