Firebird EA - page 52

i am running the firebird without the time filter and it didnt open more than one order, does this EA has money mangment in it, cuz i am testing it on a demo with 500 dollars, on mini orders, and what settings are you using for this firebird?

and does this EA perform the same with different brokers???

forexx:
so nd do you mean 50000 acount size to open 0.1 lot for one pair or all pairs your are testing?????

I am using 50,000 demo deposit with 0.1 lot size. North Finance broker. I don't remember the leverage but demo accounts are having 1:500 with North Finance by default. So, it is better to have deposit from 25,000 to 50,000 for every pair.

I am using this settings since January 2006, never changed it and never closed the orders manually.

I tested it with Alpari rus broker, with Fibo Group and with North Finance broker. And I had same case once per 2-3 months: too many orders were opened in one day during the big and quick movement of the price.

Thus, before expected big movement it is the better to close the orders manually and switch EA off. I am not doing it because i am just testing it.

Of course, most of the orders will be closed in profit during this "big case". In very very good profit with 10,000 or 20,000 pips in one day! But can you imagine 500 orders opened in your Metatrader? It will be closed in profit according to statistical performance data back to January 2006. But if in loss? It will be 10,000 pips in loss and may be more.

If you read this thread from the beginning so some other people reported the same cases (too many orders opened) with the other brokers as well.

I have no idea how it will be in real account. I don't want to check this case with real money even if it will give me a great profit But it is my personal.

connecting4less:
i am running the firebird without the time filter and it didnt open more than one order, does this EA has money mangment in it, cuz i am testing it on a demo with 500 dollars, on mini orders, and what settings are you using for this firebird? and does this EA perform the same with different brokers???

This EA should perform differently with different brokers because it was coded on high/low of the bar or open bar. And high/low of the bar for Alpari/North Finance/Fibo Group brokers and IBFX/FXDD are very very different.

What is the different between coding based on open bar and coding based on the close bar?

For example, EMA crossing. One ema indicator's line is crossing the other indicator's line. Just for example. How many croses we will see if this cross was 1 bar ago? 1 cross only, right? Right. How many crosses it may be if we see it on open bar? Did you see some alart in any indicator ringing all the time on crossing? It may be 500 crossing ...

That is the different.

It is old classical EA.

This case was discussed already on this thread.

thanks for your response

Time Filter Calculation

NewDigital,

I am on a broker with GMT time. What should be my time-filter for the Firebird EA? Do we use the same time-filter for all the currency pairs? Will this time-filter also be applied to other EA's that need time-filter?

Thanks for all your help!

jsharma:
NewDigital,

I am on a broker with GMT time. What should be my time-filter for the Firebird EA? Do we use the same time-filter for all the currency pairs? Will this time-filter also be applied to other EA's that need time-filter?

Thanks for all your help!

Hi jsharma,

It was asked many times already on this thread. The most recent same reply was few pages above

For timefilter please read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176023

For Firebird, please find some my explanation one or two pages ago on this thread. Sorry, I replied on same question in the beginning of this week several hours so don't want to do it once again.

Please find the statements for this week.

Files:
firebird065.zip  458 kb

What happend to the USDCHF pair this week??

Newdigital,

What happened with the USDCHF pair this week??

Almost unbelivable... I already saw a few weeks with many pips, but this one is hard to belive!!

Could it be an error in the code, a redundant situation which causeed all thoses positions to be opened??

Thanks for your opinion on that subject!

Daniel

dblais:
Newdigital,

What happened with the USDCHF pair this week??

Almost unbelivable... I already saw a few weeks with many pips, but this one is hard to belive!!

Could it be an error in the code, a redundant situation which causeed all thoses positions to be opened??

Thanks for your opinion on that subject!

Daniel

I am testing this EA since January 2006 and it happened once per 2-3 months with any pair, with almost any broker and mostly on Friday only. It was first case when it was started on Thursday. I think it is something with EA coding: it was coded on high/low of the bar or open bar. I am not a coder but as I understand from the code this EA is having 2 or 3 modes to open the orders and this EA is switching the orders between this modes automatically so maybe something with this ...

It is example from the code:

double myMA =iMA(NULL,MA_timeframe,MA_length,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,0);

PRICE_OPEN is open price and 0 is current bar (not closed yet).

I am not a coder so I can not say exactly why this EA is doing it but I think it is something with coding.

attempting to compile

hello guys,

trying to compile a version of firebird and getting errors--see attacment

any suggestions

Files:

It is warnig messages. Not errors.

There are many versions of Firebird EA. I am using this using https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page2

Reason: