Envelope 2.11 - page 15

Magic numbers and statements!

newdigital:
Yes, but each pair should have the different magic numbers.

You may change it. Not inside the code.

You should change it during the attaching the EA to the chart (in EA's options or menu where you can find stop loss, take profit and magic number as well).

I am using the following:

For EURUSD Magic number is 11000

GBPUSD 12000

USDJPY 13000

USDCHF 14000

AUDUSD 15000

USDCAD 16000

When EA is placing 3 sell stop and 3 buy stop orders on EURUSD for example these orders will have the following magic numbers:

11001, 11002, 11003, 11004, 11005 and 11006.

It will be automatically. You don't need to do anything. You may see it from the statements attached.

All you need to do is to set magic number to 11000 (for EURUSD, M15 timeframe), 12000 (for GBPUSD, M15 timeframe), and so on.

So I am using the same pre-set file for all the pair but with different magic numbers.

Thanks for explaining that NewDigital, one more thing that i asked about was, how to show the magic number in your statement when you print it out as you just showed in the last statment you posted? it doesnt not print it out automacially, anything i need to add to the code?

Thank you

bradottawa:
Thanks for explaining that NewDigital, one more thing that i asked about was, how to show the magic number in your statement when you print it out as you just showed in the last statment you posted? it doesnt not print it out automacially, anything i need to add to the code? Thank you

I have scripts to produce the statements for forward testing EAs.

newdigital:
I have scripts to produce the statements for forward testing EAs.

newdigital,

Are you using this Envelope EA on a real money account yet? Can I use this EA on my real account?

Thanks,

Roets

Roets:
newdigital,

Are you using this Envelope EA on a real money account yet? Can I use this EA on my real account?

Thanks,

Roets

It's up to you.

It's your real account.

I am testing on demo account.

I used this EA on real account last year (about one year ago).

As I see forward testing results, and backtesting results so this EA (with my pre-set file) is more profitable for GBPUSD and EURUSD. And there are good weeks and bad weeks, good months and bad months.

If you will use it with real money so be very carefully with MM in this EA. Or just switch MM off (MaximumRisk to zero).

newdigital:
It's up to you.

It's your real account.

As I see forward testing results, and backtesting results so this EA (with my pre-set file) is more profitable for GBPUSD and EURUSD. And there are good weeks and bad weeks, good months and bad months.

If you will use it with real money so be very carefully with MM in this EA. Or just switch MM off (MaximumRisk to zero).

Thank you for the response, I'm not using the MM. I calculate the lot size and then apply that once a month. I really think that this EA will produce over time. It will have it's bad days, but overall I think it's a winner.

Roets

Demo Accounts

I have a demo account with Alpari that has 3 open positions & 9 pending positions. My FXDD account has no open or pending orders and 3 completed orders from earlier today for a $287 profit.

Any ideas on what the difference is? The Alpari data is GMT +1 and the FXDD is GMT +2 if that makes any difference.

67-17454:
I have a demo account with Alpari that has 3 open positions & 9 pending positions. My FXDD account has no open or pending orders and 3 completed orders from earlier today for a $287 profit. Any ideas on what the difference is? The Alpari data is GMT +1 and the FXDD is GMT +2 if that makes any difference.

In pre-set file there are time to delete pending orders and to place pending orders. It is Metatrader's time. So just change this time according to the broker's time.

Goldwarrior EA, Brainwashing EAs and some others were created using Alpari data from the beginning. But this EA was not created using Alpari data. It was created using some other data (IBFX probably).

newdigital:
It's up to you.

It's your real account.

Just curious, what EA do you use in your real account?

BTW, I solved my previous problems, thanks for your help I'm now testing this on demo.

Gambitt:
Just curious, what EA do you use in your real account? BTW, I solved my previous problems, thanks for your help I'm now testing this on demo.

I am not using now.

I am creating portfolio and will use one of the set.

Please find the normal statement updated.

And please find the statement in pips since 10th of April till now.

This EA did 2825 pips from 10th of April.

Files:
Reason: