Envelope 2.11 - page 16

8 lots?

newdigital:
Please find the normal statement updated.

And please find the statement in pips since 10th of April till now.

This EA did 2825 pips from 10th of April.

This EA is amazing , a cash cow..last night it opened 3 GBP/USD positions with a total profit of close to $6000 only trading 1.2 lot each..

well my question is, i noticed in the statment you attached earlier that this EA opened some positions with 8 lots, 6 lots , 4 lots and 2 lots...does this EA opens this kind of large positions even if you use the preset file that sets the risk factor to 0 ? I would appreciate it if someone could explain to me the way this EA works..on what basis does it choose the size of the lot to open?

Thank you

Newdigital, Am I correct that in one of your previous posts in this envelope thread that the magic numbers are automatic ie. we don't need to add them? I had thought that this EA was not working on my mt4 platform but looking at your results makes me think that I simplly got impatient because it doesn't trade very often. I should probably try again because 2,000 plus pips since April 10th is nothing to sneeze at. My only concern with this EA is that you made a comment in a past thread that some years this EA is good and some years it is not, so that makes me think that I could not rely on it consistently, could you give me your opinion on that? Thanks for your time.

goldensight:
My only concern with this EA is that you made a comment in a past thread that some years this EA is good and some years it is not, so that makes me think that I could not rely on it consistently, could you give me your opinion on that?

Hi, if I may add my opinion here. I think Envelope is a break out strategy EA, so when market doing break out everyday like last couples of days, this EA should profit much. I tested other break out strategy from June 2004 till now, it gave 2000 pips profit on GBP/USD pair only, and the interesting one is 500 pips of it made on last couple of weeks. Maybe we should also consider these break out strategy EA performance on ranging market ( some said it's 60% from all times ). Just my two cents

Thanks for your input FireDave. Goldensight

bradottawa:
This EA is amazing , a cash cow..last night it opened 3 GBP/USD positions with a total profit of close to $6000 only trading 1.2 lot each..

well my question is, i noticed in the statment you attached earlier that this EA opened some positions with 8 lots, 6 lots , 4 lots and 2 lots...does this EA opens this kind of large positions even if you use the preset file that sets the risk factor to 0 ? I would appreciate it if someone could explain to me the way this EA works..on what basis does it choose the size of the lot to open?

Thank you

I used it with risk factor from the beginning but than I realized that we need one risk factor per Metatrader (not per chart). So I switched it to 0 later. But all the profit is in pips in the statement (irrespective of the lot size).

goldensight:
Newdigital, Am I correct that in one of your previous posts in this envelope thread that the magic numbers are automatic ie. we don't need to add them? I had thought that this EA was not working on my mt4 platform but looking at your results makes me think that I simplly got impatient because it doesn't trade very often. I should probably try again because 2,000 plus pips since April 10th is nothing to sneeze at. My only concern with this EA is that you made a comment in a past thread that some years this EA is good and some years it is not, so that makes me think that I could not rely on it consistently, could you give me your opinion on that? Thanks for your time.

Use mine magic numbers.

It should be one per chart (see the posts above).

Statements were updated.

Files:

This EA did

2446 pips

just for one month starting with 10th of April (testing started with all the pairs) till 10th of May (see statements).

Files:
one_month.zip  21 kb

Envelope in template?

Hey newdigital, do you have the Envelope EA setup in a template so that I can manually see whats happening?

I'm trying to understand the success of this EA, and to see how it picks up trends...

Also, I probably missed it but in your response could you also state the best timeframe for eur/usd and gbp/usd.

Thanks

jamrok:
Hey newdigital, do you have the Envelope EA setup in a template so that I can manually see whats happening?

I'm trying to understand the success of this EA, and to see how it picks up trends...

Also, I probably missed it but in your response could you also state the best timeframe for eur/usd and gbp/usd.

Thanks

As I know some people explained it already. Check this thread from the beginning or look inside the code. As I know it is the channel drawing by Envelopes indicators (standard one) with different settings. Settings are in pre-set file of the EA.

Timeframe is m15.

about magic number

I would like to do a forward testing on this EA for the 5 pairs. but I don't know how the EA can open sell and buy orders for all pairs. Basicly it opens 3 buys and 3 sells from any pair. I read soomething about magic number that has to be changed but I can't figure out how to do that. I could not find any magic number in the EA input properties. Help please...

Reason: