ASCTrend system - page 103

sillykiddo:
can u plase prodive me with working indicator and EA for this system. I wanna install it fresh and give it another shot. Thanks

Well.

It is most recent EA: v1.7 and indicator.

It works:

So, all the versions are on this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175301

Explanation about all the versions and changes are on this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173249/page51

By the way, all the information is on the first post of the thread.

Jut for the members who is having the difficulties to download the files:

right mouse click on the file and select 'Save as' and so on.

Greetings to all what TF, and on what pairs most optimum to trade with version 1.7???

The best regards, Beep.

Thanks for posting this, Newdigital. I am going to test 1.7 this week on a demo $100,000 account using ten currency pairs. If anyone else will be doing the same, let's post our results here.

Also, does 1.7 still need the 15 minute set file of 1.6?

newdigital:
Well.

It is most recent EA: v1.7 and indicator.

It works:

Set file (settings)?

I do not know ... I need to find good settings for those EAs by forward testing those asctrend EAs for at least 1 or 2 months.

this is just a thought, but couldn't you just trade the asc trend indicator and still come out on top. if you set the risk to 3 and set your stops at the arrow you will win a good number of times. is that correct or has someone tried that already?

ex you get a up arrow so you go long and your stop is where the up arrow was placed. it seems that once that level is breached the trend goes to short.

thanks

good thing i'm testing this on a demo account. I'm basically losing everytime. 1 winner. 8 losers in a row. i'm following the rules to the letter

Yes, 'buy on the up arrow, sell on the down arrow' works very well on the five and 15 minute charts. All I need is a cup of coffee or to do a quick 20 pushups to pay attention to the screen. Next time I'll try another version with a sound indicator.

sed34:
this is just a thought, but couldn't you just trade the asc trend indicator and still come out on top. if you set the risk to 3 and set your stops at the arrow you will win a good number of times. is that correct or has someone tried that already?

ex you get a up arrow so you go long and your stop is where the up arrow was placed. it seems that once that level is breached the trend goes to short.

thanks

My test hasn't produced any results today. I've put everything on one hour charts. Later today I'll try the 15 minute charts.

Is anyone else testing 1.7?

ASCTrend 1.7 EA not working

I'd like to start testing the ASCTrend 1.7 EA. I've installed it, but it's not making trades. I'm not a developer, but I took a look at the code and found this:

extern string PARAMETERS_INDICATOR_ONE = "ASCTrend";

extern bool UseASCtrend = True;

extern int RISK = 12;

Does this mean that the ASCTrend indicator or template should be installed with 1.7? As it is, I don't have an ASCTrend indicator in my list of custom indicators. I just want to know if this is the problem before I take this any further.

Reason: