In MT5 do I have to pay an extra spread relative to MT4? - page 10

Reshetov:

There is no spread in my stats, so it doesn't exist in nature.

), "and you will be cured".

sanyooooook:
and you check what happens to the spread in MT5 when you open a trade )
what happens to it?

Gentlemen of the age of trolls,

the topic has already been understood and closed by the topic-starter.

If you want to sneer, write to each other in private.

let this nonsense sink into the threads.

sergeev:

Mr. big-headed trolls,

the topic has already been understood and closed by the topic-starter.

If you want to sneer, write to each other in person.

let this nonsense sink into the threads.

it's boring, and there's a bear around)

Scriptong:

Let's assume the price is fixed in both cases (we managed to make two trades on it): Bid 1.3000, Ask 1.3001. We open with a volume of 0.1.

МТ4: we opened a Buy position at 1.3001 and opened a Sell position at 1.3000. The result is two open positions with an unrecorded loss of $2.

MT5: we opened Buy position at the price of 1.3001, opened Sell position at the price of 1.3000. The result is a lack of positions and decrease of the balance by 1 dollar.

The trick is to correctly close the open positions in MT4, namely, to achieve the identity of the situation. In this case, the balance will decrease by 1 dollar, not by 2. If in MT4 you close positions separately, you will get a $2 loss.

In MT5, no matter how you look at it, you will not get a $2 loss in such a situation.

On buying, the spread is paid on opening, and on selling, on closing the position. So two open positions with an unrecorded loss of $2 is not right.

sergeev:

Let this nonsense sink into the branches sooner rather than later.

This branch cannot be strangled

You can't kill it.

Can't kill it.

Don't kill it.

Chorus

Trumpumpamm

4elendger:
On buying, the spread is paid on opening and on selling, on closing the position. So two open positions with an unrecorded loss of $2 is not right.

For fuck's sake...

I suggest we rename the thread:

"Myths and legends of the market: the spread."

And no drowning.

It's useful, isn't it?

Contender:
What happens to it?

In forex the spread is the same in MT4 because of the market execution only in MT4, i.e. every order is an entry by market if you buy then by asc, if sell then by bid.

When you open a position in the market, let's assume a buy position, the spread is immediately deducted

and the profit is calculated between the open position price and the Bid price,

the same when entering with a pending limit or stop order. But only in MT4.

in other words buy limit and sell limit orders should be set at Bid and Ask price respectively,

in MT5 on Forts (not on forex), in forex with limit orders is the same situation as in MT4

sanyooooook:

The Buy Limit and Sell Limit orders should be executed at Bid and Ask respectively, this is what happens for example in QuickBooks,

Where this is the case, the commission is probably withheld.

Reason: