ASCTrend system - page 119

All EAs (any EA) are working/coded on this way: "on closed bar" except some tick scalpers (I mean: 95% of all EAs in the world are using "closed bar" coding rules).

In this way - previous/losed bar with arrow is bar 1, and next open bar is bar #0.

So, if you are telling to the coder/programmer (for example):

please, code EA for me with the following rules:

open the order when I see sell arrow on bar #1 with

the confirmation of Parabolic SAR on bar #1

so all the coders will understand it without any additional questions.

because the coders are using those number of the bars for coding in exact this way: bar #1 (bar when we see the signal and it is previous bar) and bar #2 (open bar, we are openning the trade when we see the signal on the bar #1).

Because when the members are asking some coder to help and asking him to create EA from indicator so the coder understand nothing. In most of the cases - the coder should know: when the arrow (number of the bar), when the crossing (number of the bar) and so on.

Just for information.

Many traders are using this the position of the arrow as initial stop loss value (especially for BrainTrading and Brainwashing systems).

asctrend1sig

hello.

for some reason, there is a bar limitaion. that means, it wont drow more than 950 arrows backwards.

could anyone please cancel this limitaion?

many thanks,

DADA.

Files:

Here are the digital versions

I hope this will open a new way in the exploration.

A digital filter does not give an edge by its self. Its proper use gives the advantage.

The fact is that with a digital filter you can explore more options than with a simple moving average crossing over. The genetic optimizer will be able explore more options.

However a simple manual optimization is possible too. My idea is that maybe it is better to try to optimize the indicator itself.

OK just to remind you. You need to install the jjma series into the experts/include folder.

Second recently there was a concern that this function does not work under some metatraders.

Copy all the files in the experts folder. Plese do not forget you need GaussianFilter_v1 that is not here.

Here I post to see the difference. Note that the indicator has the same settings of risk 3. The digital versions are far more responsive. You can smooth them by increasing the risk level. You can further accelerate or smooth the jjma version by playing with the phase of the filter (default is +5, it varies form -100, to 100), it is a trade-off between responsiveness and overshoot.

In fact I am not a coder, I just had the idea to do that, and a little change can dramatically change the performance of all the system. That is why because you can use more opportunities with the signal generator (it can be proved either on a modular principle).

Note that for some moments the normal version here has a better solution, and that is true a digital filter is not a crystal ball.

Files:
usd1.gif  26 kb
usd2.gif  28 kb
usd3.gif  28 kb

Some improvements

Hi I just want to share some improvement of the system. It concersn the stop indicator. As its heart is based on a moving average crossing over, I asked my self what would happen if we replace the moving average by something else.

So:

1. Fractal simple moving average FRASMA: an incremental improvement, slightly better. It looks the indicator has become more intelligent by itself LOL.

2.RS_FRAMA

This time a big shift in the performance has occured. The indicator is far more reactive. But this is a Rescaled Range Simple Moving average and it necessitates a lot of PC power to do the calculations.

3. JJMA

Wow, that was a hit too. You need the jjma installed and working. with the jjmaseries file the include folder.

The indicator is far more reactive and you can explore much more options and adapt it ti the current market conditions.

4.Gauss filter.

That is a hit too, even more performance that the jjma from time to time.

But the problem is that this is an indicator from the elite section and it will not work if you do not have it. As a measure of respect, I will not post it here.

So the good point is that at any case the FRASMA version is better than the original.

The main point is:

You can replace by your self the heart of the indicator if you believe you have something better.

The next step would be to replace the signal indicator, that is based on the WPR. I guess we can find better. I tried but failed miserably as I am not a coder.

The first idea is to try to use a Polarized fractal Efficiency with digital filter, or any other digital filter will be better. And we will have a brand new system.

The basic idea will be its modularity. You could replace the parts.

John Last:
Here I post to see the difference. Note that the indicator has the same settings of risk 3. The digital versions are far more responsive. You can smooth them by increasing the risk level. You can further accelerate or smooth the jjma version by playing with the phase of the filter (default is +5, it varies form -100, to 100), it is a trade-off between responsiveness and overshoot.

In fact I am not a coder, I just had the idea to do that, and a little change can dramatically change the performance of all the system. That is why because you can use more opportunities with the signal generator (it can be proved either on a modular principle).

Note that for some moments the normal version here has a better solution, and that is true a digital filter is not a crystal ball.

Hello, Jonh.

I subscribed to this thread some time ago not only for the performance of the indicators here, but much for the history of its development. However due to my dedication to other projects I neglected this thread to just checking for new posts once in a while.

I read your last comments and would like to hear from you about your tunings. ASC Trend based systems seem profitable, but have a lot to be improved.

I am a coder myself, so I could help you out a bit. I was also an Elite member. I unsubscribed because of other priorities on my market developments, but I am willing to reactivate my accont if necessary.

Best regards.

revised version

Thanks New digital for this new revised version.

Wich timefarme do you suggest ?

Thanks

Hi Folks, I just want to show a template.

See those are the results of the jjma version. I really want to smooth the time series and in the same time make more reactive than the normal version.

Asctrend2 jjma based

Risk=8

JMA phase= -100

In this version I apply the same phase to the lower and to the higher filter.

Asctrend signal

Risk=8

You see at the bottom of the shot the FGDI indicator, when it is red it indicates that we have trend probability, when it is blue we have a range probability. And when it is in the center line the probability is 50/50.

And those probabilities are for the future.

Just above in the middle, we have a measure of the strength of the trend, but it concerns the current conditions and not the future.

Files:
usdd.gif  26 kb

Asctrend sig digital edition

I want to show you a digital edition of the ASCTrend sig.

We will add some smoothing, you need to have the JMA_WPR in the experts folder and JJMA series in the include folder.

Nevertheless it has a cost. As we know the Asctrend is late to enter in the market. So our main concern is if the trend will continue. When we add smoothing the signal will be even later. So what is the point?

The point is that under some market conditions (and lower time frames) the trendsig indicator gets crazy and start to show arrows up and down in a rapid succession. In this moment we can apply some smoothing. The easiest way is to use a digital version of the WPR which is the basis of the system.

In fact I recommend to use the digital version of the signal indicator with regular Stopline indicator. And the normal signal with the digital Stopline indicator.

In the shots I show the difference between a normal version with Risk level of 9 and a digital version with risk level 8 with smoothing of 15 and phase 100.

If you put Len = 0 you will have the regular indicator.

Files:
Reason: