ASCTrend system - page 100

First day

Hi, i had study this thread, because i think it can help me to be better trader. My stats today? Awesom. All on Eur/Usd. SELL-17:17-TP ; SELL-20:20-TP ; BUY-22:17/22:31-TP/TP ; BUY-23:09-exit+4pips ; SELL-00:18-exit+2pips. So, today a good day for me, demoAccount +46pips/EU. I made some on Usd/Chf and Gbp/Usd too and result the same. Together all three pairs today well. Thanks for sharing

Hello,

I was using manual asctrend_sound, now I'm interested trying the EAS, but none the 1.1 or the 1.7 open trades. What's happening? I have a smiling face, and other EAs are working, with Interbank demo, but asctrend is not working Should I need a specific-named asctrend as indicator to work?

1.1 version is not using any indicators as icustom (asctrend indicaor was coded inside). So it is simple EA according to my classification https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

1.4; 1.5; 1.6 and 1.7 version is using PriceChannel_Stop_v1.3 indicator (this indicator is attached in one of the zip archive here). You may find it by yourself (which EA is using which indicators) using this post as example https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

OK, many thanks, NewDigital!!! Now they are working!

I have attached asctrend 1.1., 1.3 and 1.6; the 1.1. has blowed up one demo account today. 1.3 and 1.6 open less trades, but they are not profitable neither. I'm playing with configuration, but I can't find a good set for them (in back and forward testing)

Anybody has a good set?

In which timeframe are better? I'm trying in M1 and M5.

In other instance, I have observed that they open a trade in the next asctrend arrow, but they don't close with the next counter arrow.

I think the best EA could be if:

1. OPen a trade in the next bar after an arrow appears.

2. when the next counter arrow appear, EA close the last trade (or put a 10 pips SL) AND open the counter trade. In this case, losing trades are minimal (near 10 pips loss), and when market is trending, profit trades are good, specially in good-moving pairs like EURJPY and GBPUSD, maybe in H1, (few but profitable trades), and restricted to 5:00 to 15:00 GMT.

I was studying asctrend EA 1.1., which open trades in the next bar after the arrow appears, but doesn't close the trade when the counter arrow appears, and neither open the new trade. Could anybody fix that, please? I know there are next versions that confirm with other indicators, but sometimes they are restricting too many trades.

I have saw the mql code, and I can see that there something like that, but don't close the trade:

if (!ExistPositions()){

if ((ASCtrendBuy)){

OpenBuy();

return(0);

}

if ((ASCtrendSell)){

OpenSell();

return(0);

}

}

if (ExistPositions()){

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY){

if ((ASCtrendSell)){

CloseBuy();

return(0);

}

}

if(OrderType()==OP_SELL){

if ((ASCtrendBuy)){

CloseSell();

return(0);

}

}

}

Thanks in advance.

Excuse me if I have make a mess.

Hi marcelcorzo,

I am planning to do forward test on one of the versions. But I need to find the settings first. I could not find. May be I need to spend more time for that. Anyway, if I will find good settings for some version I will post it here.

About timeframes so I am thinking something about H1, H4 or D1 may be more good.

unbeliveable

Hi newdigital, sorry for my english, but this is awesom. I have taken this metod on Oil TF1 with SL25 and PT50, with spread it's about 35/60 and asc with risk=1, i started on thurstday this weak, and i till now i have made 559pips. I think only 2 trades were lost. Averething else with profit. Thank you for sharing this metod. It's my holy grail.

Hello guys and gals, after testing this system for about 1-1/2 years, I have finally been able to adjust the system to my personality. I would like to show it to you all, and I really hope you don't mind but I have put it in another forum "Forexfactory" I'm sure you all heard of it, but you can check out how I made it to suit my needs. Also is included a set of rules, which are very strict, but after testing it for 18 months I have had a 95% success rate. You may check it out here:

ASCTrend System

RedRobin:
Hello guys and gals, after testing this system for about 1-1/2 years, I have finally been able to adjust the system to my personality. I would like to show it to you all, and I really hope you don't mind but I have put it in another forum "Forexfactory" I'm sure you all heard of it, but you can check out how I made it to suit my needs. Also is included a set of rules, which are very strict, but after testing it for 18 months I have had a 95% success rate. You may check it out here: ASCTrend System

it will be more helpful if you can post the system on this forum rather than referring us to another forum.

hope you understand.

Okay here is how I set mine up

Files:
asctrend.zip  38 kb

RedRobin, could you please post your template?

Reason: