ASCTrend system - page 80

If you want to compare so the most compatible is LabTrend by Igorad. those indicators were posted on this thread as well.

But as you know AbleSys's eASCTrend software was designed mainly for W1, and D1 timeframe. I have no idea how yu are using M5 timeframe as this AbleSys's eASCTrend software was not created for this software. You can of course, but I'm affraid that it will not be profitable.

D1 and W1. may be H4 as well. Any other timeframes will not be profitable at all.

But as I said, MT4 Asctrend and AbleSys's eASCTrend software are completely and absolutely different tools/indicators/software and everything.

Just approach is the same and I explained it on the post above.

Just found good article: Automated Optimization of a Trading Robot in Real Trading. Translated from Russian. It is here.

And some tools created already:

- download this file (auto_optimization.mqh),

- place it in include folder, in EA: place the following codes from here. And EA will automatically optimized for new settings started from SetHour SetMinute, optimization may be done for TestDay period (in days), we (EA) will wait untill the optimization will be finished during the TimeOut (minutes), also: NameMTS is for name of your EA, NameFileSet - name of new resultant set file. Optimization will be done according to the following order: it will be done optimization under item #1, then 2, then 3:

Gross_Profit= 1;

Profit_Factor= 2;

Expected_Payoff= 3;

and we may change it: for example, we may do expected payoff optimization first and in this case Expected_Payoff should be 1.

Any other is understandable.

I am posting it here because we were discussed AbleSys's so we are having something new in our Metatrader: our EAs can be optimized for better settings automatically without our participation.

Which is which?

newdigital:
So, you may select different NRTR, Asctrend indicatior is subject of the settings. And more advanced version is Labtrend by Igorad: if two dots indicators are inj opposite the price so it is not trading zone (the same as with your software).

Thanks ND, your chart is looking pretty great. In your picture I see these indicators, Can you please tell me which .mq4 indicator generates them:

- Large Red and Blue Dots

- medium size magenta and light blue dots

- very small green and brown dots

- purple moving average

- blue, red, and green candles

I tried LabTrend3 but all I got was the medium size magenta and light blue dots.

Files:
whichiswhich.jpg  188 kb

You mean that both images from your post are mine?

May be ...

As to MT4 so it is LabTrend by Igorad (LabTrend1_v1, LabTrend2, LabTrend3). And he is having for TS as well. And a lot of Asctrend indicators for MetaStock as well ...

As to the color so in MT4 you may change any indicators' color any time and any size of the dot can be changed as well just for one click. And the settings of the indicators can be changed.

I am attaching indicators. I don't remember which one I used as I am having several versions of PriceChannel_Signal and few versions of LabTrend indicators so ...

As to AbleSys's and Metatrader so:

- many people evaluated and created the same with AbleSys's and it was 5 years ago mainly on Russian forums. Many Metatrader's forums had special sections about AbleSys's software with many threads inside. They done. AbleSys's software is fully evaluated by many times during the many years and nothing magical in this software. They tried to create the same as in this software and basicly they did it, evaluated and it was a lot of critics.

- Later on Metatrader's versions of Asctrend was fully evaluated. May be, the same as you want to receive by MT indicators. It was a lot of critics in that time as well: system was not as profitable as we may see it on the chart.

- Then Igorad did his final evaluation and posted everywhere and on our forum as well. Try to find it on the forum and you will know: what is AbleSys's software? Why this software is just simple set of standard indicators?

- when everything was disclosed. And final conclsion was made:

AbleSys's and MT4 Asctrend may be good for D1 or W1 timeframes only.

- then I created this thread trying to prove that we can trade M5, M15, M30 and M1 timeframe using MT4 Asctrend. It was something new in that time. I was not alone: I was posting on the thread and Beluck and Igorad were creating indicators for that so 3 persons did it (I, Belck and Igorad).

There are no any task to made the system to be the same as AbleSys's. Because it was mode 5 years ago for MT3 and TS. No need to repeat.

I started this thread not because I am critisizing AbleSys's software. I started this thread because some people tried to get the same for MT4 as in AbleSys's 5 years ago, they did it and finally recognized that it is nothing and it is just for D1, W1 timeframe and did some conclusion: "never use MT4 ASCtrend for M1, M5, M15 and M30 timeframes - it is not profitable".

They said "never use"?

I said: "I will use".

and we (I, Igorad and Beluck) created Asctrend for M1, M5, M15 and M30 timeframes.

This thread was started as

"old MT3/MT4 Asctrend systems vs our forex-tsd MT4 Asctrend systems"

This thread is about MT4 Asctrend which is nothing with any AbleSys's software.

Please don't promote AbleSys's software in our forum.

One important thing I want to say:

In AbleSys's Asctrend you can attach indicators to the chart an optimize the settings of all indicatos all together by one click just for 5 minutes. And as a result you will see some beautiful indicators' image on the chart Next day you will do the other optimization of those indicators in AbleSys's chart to say the same to yourself: "how beautiful ...". Next day you will optimize once more time because the market is changing and price is moving.

In MT4 we can not optimize the indicators. No any button to click. We can attach indicators to the chart and trade on demo account. It takes a time. Or we can do in the same way as Simba did for his GBPUSD system: he created EA just to optimize and find good settings for his manual trading system.

in MT4 we are having some kinds of trading sumulators https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general and it is possible to backtest the indicators on the chart using those simulators but it is going very slowly so ...

We do not need to be the same as in AbleSys's.

We in our MT4 need to have some addon or tool or scripts to optimize the settings of all indicators on the chart by one click just for 5 minutes. Because now to find good settings and to say that system is profitable so we need to trade this system for few weeks on demo, or to create EA and optimize and backtest and see but it is too many exercises just to find good settings for one pair for one timeframe.

More thoughts on ASCTrend, LabTrend, etc.

Hi NewDigital,

First, let me say thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to answer all my posts. You have been very thoughtful in your responses and have given me much to think about.

newdigital:
You mean that both images from your post are mine?

No, from my last post, the top image is yours, the bottom image is eASCTrend from Able...

Please don't promote AbleSys's software in our forum.

NewDigital, please do not misunderstand...I am NOT trying to promote Able... . I have been evaluating their software at the cost of $230 for a one-month license. $5000 for their software is far too high so I'm just trying to get the best signals that I can for comparison against their signals.

The combination of indicators you gave me in #797 above are the ones that meet or maybe even beat Able... . The MT4 blue dots come just a bit before Able... dots but it requires backtesting and study on my part to verify valid signals.

If you think there are better combinations of MT4 signals than the LabTrend set, then I'd love to see those too, not just ASCTrend or LabTrend, but others as well.

Again, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK, you are a very kind and generous gentleman.

~Coach~

Some members asked me by PM to attached those indicators from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173249/page54 to D1 chart with default settings (they don't have Metatrader). So, I am doing it.

Default settings (I just changed UseReEntry to 1 in PriceChannel_Signal indicator - x and x).

EURUSD, D1. Other images are in zip file.

Files:
eurusdd1.jpg  68 kb
labtrendd1.zip  175 kb

Helo all,

I try today the Price Channel Signal v1.1

And i see the dot disappear and reappear further bars after ?

Is this normal ?

And i would like to ask you, what is the latest version of the Price Channel Stop indicator ?

Thanks for all

I did not see any re-painting case with this indicator (Price Channel Signal v1.1) concerning big dots. I mean that I did not see that big dots disappear and reappear on the previous bars. Of course disappearing and reappearing is very normal case on the current bar. But all signal systems are traded on the previous bar so basicly we should not care about any disappearing and reappearing on the current bar as we are not trading on the current bar any signal system (asctrend, Braintrend or anyone).

It may be a problem with additional small dots appearing in re-enter case (use re-enter - true in the indicator's settings). I check this case in backtesting only (visual backtesting of this indicaor in the same way as we are doing it for EA).

Ok ok Thanks, excuze me, i'm not very aware of these signals indicators

Can you post the latest version of the price channel stop, please ?

Thanks

Reason: