Moving Average - page 107

Rivabex1301:
Please see attached screen shot of the indicator attached .

How can this error be fixed , or changed to display the correct values

I appreciate your help

Thank You

Try this

It is compiled with build 509 and runs OK on new metatrader

allaverages_v2.5_stats_fractionalpips509.ex4

Mladen,

I downloaded this AllAverages_v2.5 & bands and I think there's a "refresh" bug or something. Take a look at the picture attached. it happened when price changes. Is there a way to fix it? Thank you.

allaverages_v2.5_amp_bands.mq4

mladen:
You are right (about the error in mtf mode )

Here is the corrected one (it looks like this now in mtf mode :

PS: when bands mode is 1 (standard deviations) or 2 (atr) then level up and level down are multiplier that is applied to either standard deviation or atr (forgot to mention it in the previous post)

wccmcd:
Mladen,

I downloaded this AllAverages_v2.5 & bands and I think there's a "refresh" bug or something. Take a look at the picture attached. it happened when price changes. Is there a way to fix it? Thank you.

allaverages_v2.5_amp_bands.mq4

wccmcd

That is not a refresh bug but a compatibility bug

Here is how it looks when you use it in build 509 :

Anyway. that indicator needs a lot of rewriting to be able to work as the new metatader 4 requires. Maybe the best to use some newer versions (but, quite frankly, I am not familiar with all averages indicators - I do not use them since I write averages in a different way)

Files:
all_bands.gif  79 kb

What a shame on new Mt4. Anyway, all I need is a SMA with ATR BANDS, and display the D1 timeframe on the H1 chart. Any suggestions?

mladen:
wccmcd

That is not a refresh bug but a compatibility bug

Here is how it looks when you use it in build 509 :

Anyway. that indicator needs a lot of rewriting to be able to work as the new metatader 4 requires. Maybe the best to use some newer versions (but, quite frankly, I am not familiar with all averages indicators - I do not use them since I write averages in a different way)

wccmcd:
What a shame on new Mt4. Anyway, all I need is a SMA with ATR BANDS, and display the D1 timeframe on the H1 chart. Any suggestions?

wccmcd

Did you check keltner channel thread (what you are describing is actually a Keltner channel ) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173470

yup, plenty of channels but couldn't find a MTF version so far. will dig more...

mladen:
wccmcd Did you check keltner channel thread (what you are describing is actually a Keltner channel ) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173470

wccmcd:
yup, plenty of channels but couldn't find a MTF version so far. will dig more...

wccmcd

Here is one multi time frame version : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page262

You can try that one

Wow...Keltner channel mtf! Thanks Mladen, that helps alot!

mladen:
wccmcd Here is one multi time frame version : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page262 You can try that one

Mladen,

I wonder if I can get a indicator like this:

MA1 = 30 period LWMA;

MA2 = 120 period LWMA;

DIFF= absolute value of MA1-MA2;

if MA1>MA2, plot 4 lines above MA1 @1*DIFF, 1.5*DIFF, 2*DIFF, AND 2.5*DIFF

if MA1<MA2, plot 4 lines under MA1 @1*DIFF, 1.5*DIFF, 2*DIFF, AND 2.5*DIFF

These lines are floating as the two LWMA change their value from tick to tick.

The reason I want it is quite interesting:

By using TMA, we can estimate a turning point -- by assuming the first halflength of the TMA equals to the second halflength. That is, as I understand, also called FLD. Since the time estimation of FLD is very approximate, I found the price normally have a big jump up or big drop when it is apparaching the FLD turning point. I also found that around the FLD turning point, any price movement beyond 2*DIFF is almost a good entry point.

Not sure if I expressed myself clearly, also not sure what indicator catagory it belongs to...

Need your comment.

Files:

uh...dear Mladen,

did you ignore me? Just let me know if you don't think this is a reasonable idea, I trust in every your single opinion.

wccmcd:
Mladen,

I wonder if I can get a indicator like this:

MA1 = 30 period LWMA;

MA2 = 120 period LWMA;

DIFF= absolute value of MA1-MA2;

if MA1>MA2, plot 4 lines above MA1 @1*DIFF, 1.5*DIFF, 2*DIFF, AND 2.5*DIFF

if MA1<MA2, plot 4 lines under MA1 @1*DIFF, 1.5*DIFF, 2*DIFF, AND 2.5*DIFF

These lines are floating as the two LWMA change their value from tick to tick.

The reason I want it is quite interesting:

By using TMA, we can estimate a turning point -- by assuming the first halflength of the TMA equals to the second halflength. That is, as I understand, also called FLD. Since the time estimation of FLD is very approximate, I found the price normally have a big jump up or big drop when it is apparaching the FLD turning point. I also found that around the FLD turning point, any price movement beyond 2*DIFF is almost a good entry point.

Not sure if I expressed myself clearly, also not sure what indicator catagory it belongs to...

Need your comment.
Reason: