CatFx50 - page 554

nina:
Hi!

Look, the point here is how much is already priced in: +0,25% or +0,50%?

Then we have the statement post-hike.

If they have priced in 0,50% hike and it turns to be 0,25%, EURUSD will go up with fury.

If they have priced in 0,25% hike and it turns to be 0,50%, EURUSD should go to hell.

If they have priced in 0,25% hike and it turns to be 0,25%, only the statement will move the market.

But, my friend, I do not recommend to trade that news or wait 30 minutes at least. We'll have a lot of volatility and you could be smashed.

Nina
B]If they have priced in 0,25% hike and it turns to be 0,25%, only the statement will move the market.

Here you have the answer.

Nina

yahoooo...i got 150pips GBPUSD....!!!!

kenari05:
yahoooo...i got 150pips GBPUSD....!!!!

damn. good for you man. I didn't trade at all. Was at the beach. lol.

so do you guys think that the currencies will retrace the whole movement? or could we expect consolidation for a few days? Oh, and is there another fomc announcement next month?

smith_forex:
Hi Nina

Pls answer this short question,

these level 4 trades you are calling,

or any level 4 trade for that matter,

in the instance of a short, does the max bars have to be above -0.4

then go below -0.4 as well as break the last low after consolidation,

or can the max bars indicator be below -0.4 the whole time, and just base the trade on price breaking lower after consolidation.

Thanks

Hi, Smith_forex!

A level 4 trade is a break out. You, I'm sure about that, know already that there are whole systems that trade break outs only. There are different kinds of break outs, but the one that matter for us is the "short time" one.

They are formed after a consolidation period: 2-3 bars at least and they are risky if we do not see strength.

Look at eurusd today. We have at least 2 short break outs. Both for a few pips, less than my minimum (15 pips).

Look now at cable, they are gorgeous.

If we say we need strength, bar should be below -0,04 for a sell and above

+0,04 for a buy.

And what to do with the move we've had after FOMC. Well, I'm going to tell what I've done:

I placed a limit buy on cable at last high +1 pip: 1,8157.

Another one at pivot + 1 pip: 1,8188.

I placed too a limit sell at the low of the day - 10 pips: 1,8080.

On EURUSD, I placed a limit buy at the high of the day + 1 pips: 1,2556.

And I placed a limit sell at 1.2480.

Why did I placed the sell with - 10 pips and more than -10 pips of the low of the day?

Cause I was and I'm long EURUSD. Why? Because it broke my level 1.2551 and it only could go down to 1,2478 when it should have been trading today at 1,2400-1,2300 and it was stuck above 1.2513. So, it was clear for me that big money and central banks were holding EURUSD. FOMC statement gave them what they were waiting for and EURUSD had a shot of more than +140 pips.

And that's the story and then there is the stomach.

Nina

Sweet tooth

jwoger:
so do you guys think that the currencies will retrace the whole movement? or could we expect consolidation for a few days? Oh, and is there another fomc announcement next month?

LOL - I see you have a "sweet tooth"

Some are licking there chops today - congrats to all.

There is FOMC report every month.

reemul99:
I've been experimenting with the CatFx50 Rules and indicators on the 15 minute time chart.

So far, I've found that it usually produces earlier entries and better results.

Has Anyone else been looking at this?

Is there enough interest to start a new thread on the subject (please PM me to keep this thread clear).

Please reply - - If I get enough - I'll start one up to track its results and compare it to CatFx50

Hi, reemul99!

Start it, if you want, but in CatFX50 section.

Thank you!

Nina

jwoger:

Jwoger, you know me already; you know that I find gurus, ellioticians and all these kind of fellows funny, to be polite.

I do not like to predict. Do you know why? Because I do not have enough money to make my predictions true!!!

So, to the facts:

Fed's statement proved more dovish than more Fed watchers had expected, according to Dow Jones news feed.

So, to the levels again: holding above 1.2637-1.2551, the pair is set to go to 1.2885.

Nina

hl next activator

does any body know about the hl next activator see chart

Files:
a.gif  18 kb

another chart

sshhmmuueell:
does any body know about the hl next activator see chart

another chart

Files:
m.gif  24 kb
Reason: