Look, the point here is how much is already priced in: +0,25% or +0,50%?
Then we have the statement post-hike.
If they have priced in 0,50% hike and it turns to be 0,25%, EURUSD will go up with fury.
If they have priced in 0,25% hike and it turns to be 0,50%, EURUSD should go to hell.
If they have priced in 0,25% hike and it turns to be 0,25%, only the statement will move the market.
But, my friend, I do not recommend to trade that news or wait 30 minutes at least. We'll have a lot of volatility and you could be smashed.
Thank you nina. I will trade it in demo just for kicks.
Cat Fx 15 experimenting
I've been experimenting with the CatFx50 Rules and indicators on the 15 minute time chart.
So far, I've found that it usually produces earlier entries and better results.
Has Anyone else been looking at this?
Is there enough interest to start a new thread on the subject (please PM me to keep this thread clear).
Please reply - - If I get enough - I'll start one up to track its results and compare it to CatFx50
jwoger, one of the best and effective ways of overcoming fear in trading is to have a trading system which you belive in whole heartedly. Once you are familiar with your system, how it works, performs etc you automatically leave your emotions behind and let your system take over. If you have a decent exit strategy for catfx, then you can leave your emotions (ie fear etc) behind and get on with grabbing pips.
Pls answer this short question,
these level 4 trades you are calling,
or any level 4 trade for that matter,
in the instance of a short, does the max bars have to be above -0.4
then go below -0.4 as well as break the last low after consolidation,
or can the max bars indicator be below -0.4 the whole time, and just base the trade on price breaking lower after consolidation.
Here you have the answer.
yahoooo...i got 150pips GBPUSD....!!!!
damn. good for you man. I didn't trade at all. Was at the beach. lol.
so do you guys think that the currencies will retrace the whole movement? or could we expect consolidation for a few days? Oh, and is there another fomc announcement next month?
A level 4 trade is a break out. You, I'm sure about that, know already that there are whole systems that trade break outs only. There are different kinds of break outs, but the one that matter for us is the "short time" one.
They are formed after a consolidation period: 2-3 bars at least and they are risky if we do not see strength.
Look at eurusd today. We have at least 2 short break outs. Both for a few pips, less than my minimum (15 pips).
Look now at cable, they are gorgeous.
If we say we need strength, bar should be below -0,04 for a sell and above
+0,04 for a buy.
And what to do with the move we've had after FOMC. Well, I'm going to tell what I've done:
I placed a limit buy on cable at last high +1 pip: 1,8157.
Another one at pivot + 1 pip: 1,8188.
I placed too a limit sell at the low of the day - 10 pips: 1,8080.
On EURUSD, I placed a limit buy at the high of the day + 1 pips: 1,2556.
And I placed a limit sell at 1.2480.
Why did I placed the sell with - 10 pips and more than -10 pips of the low of the day?
Cause I was and I'm long EURUSD. Why? Because it broke my level 1.2551 and it only could go down to 1,2478 when it should have been trading today at 1,2400-1,2300 and it was stuck above 1.2513. So, it was clear for me that big money and central banks were holding EURUSD. FOMC statement gave them what they were waiting for and EURUSD had a shot of more than +140 pips.
And that's the story and then there is the stomach.