CatFx50 - page 357

Down under

the ind with the dots is ANINA will also repost hist step with levels. catfx 50 drops arrows on the cross

level three involves a cross of nina and hist step without ema cross.

level 4 is histo cross with "strength" on breakout from previous days high/low

todays market looked like it required discipline to lock in profits the signals were ok but i can see people getting stopped out on the rebound.

News and FOREX

Its interesting to see the "Big Pockets" at work.

Alot of news came out today - almost all of it good for Europe - yet the European currencies spiked in the morning, and then have been going down all day.

... interesting...

reemul99:
Its interesting to see the "Big Pockets" at work.

Alot of news came out today - almost all of it good for Europe - yet the European currencies spiked in the morning, and then have been going down all day.

... interesting...

reemul99,

where are you reading european reports data from?

Thanks

Indicator aNina

Because of the questions to this indicator:

aNina is alike the StepMA_Stoch. The add-ons are:

- We are able to define the range of bars on which this one is calculated on ( to ) - standard setup is 0 to 9.000, that means the calculation regards the current bar up to the last 9000 bars.

- dots: They appear on the last bar when a crossing of the two steplines occured (last version registers only bar close / open time)

- arrows: They appear on the next bar opening when an ema50 crossing occured one bar before.

aNina and HistStepMAStoch have the same base. They are both StepMA_Stochs. If you configure both on the same bars count (Hist starts automatically at 0) you should get identical results. HistStepMAStoch shows the same only as histogram

In the current version of catfx50 - aNina with 9.000 bars is only used as an additional confirmation.

=> The signals came from the price and HistStepMAStoch.

mibl

mibl:
Because of the questions to this indicator:

aNina is alike the StepMA_Stoch. The add-ons are:

- We are able to define the range of bars on which this one is calculated on ( to ) - standard setup is 0 to 9.000, that means the calculation regards the current bar up to the last 9000 bars.

- dots: They appear on the last bar when a crossing of the two steplines occured (last version registers only bar close / open time)

- arrows: They appear on the next bar opening when an ema50 crossing occured one bar before.

aNina and HistStepMAStoch have the same base. They are both StepMA_Stochs. If you configure both on the same bars count (Hist starts automatically at 0) you should get identical results. HistStepMAStoch shows the same only as histogram

In the current version of catfx50 - aNina with 9.000 bars is only used as an additional confirmation.

=> The signals came from the price and HistStepMAStoch.

mibl

aNina arrows can disapper during actual bar?

ForexBoss:
aNina arrows can disapper during actual bar?

@ForexBoss

should not with the latest version of aNina from ShadowWz (search for the last post of ShadowWz in this thread. - but even that is not fully free of errors.

mibl

Level 4

mcsqueeze:
the ind with the dots is ANINA will also repost hist step with levels. catfx 50 drops arrows on the cross

level three involves a cross of nina and hist step without ema cross.

level 4 is histo cross with "strength" on breakout from previous days high/low

todays market looked like it required discipline to lock in profits the signals were ok but i can see people getting stopped out on the rebound.

Hi mcsqueeze,

your def. of level 4 is not correct.

A level 4 give us the chance for a reentry in the market. Normally there was another signal (level 1, 2) some time (hours to days) ago.

The level 4 signal occurs after a consolidation (trading range), when price makes a new high for a buy (or low for a sell) => breakout of the consolidation and HistStepMAStoch is keeping its colour (green on the buy, red on the sell).

It occurs on the current bar when the breakout happens and it is not required to wait for a close of the bar. For that it needs strength, otherwise it could be only a false breakout.

Nina please note if I am not fully correct.

mibl

downunderdave40:
I looked through my charts and I don't appear to have any dots on my charts. What indicator places dots on the chart for a cross of the 50EMA? Dave

Hi downunderdave40,

aNina places dots when you have a crossing, not on the chart, but on its own indicator area.

moneyline

Lenny:
reemul99,

where are you reading european reports data from?

Thanks

Check out this site:

http://www.forexfactory.com

Indicators

harold4x:
listen folks use your eyes you can see when prices crosses 50 ema consentrate on price more than indicators they indicate that price will be going in that direction but dont forget the other TA trendlines,fibs, pivots mm levels etc this way you will not trade blindly following just indicators like today there was an indicator signal on euro and swiss but price was25 and 35 pips past 50 ema and a pivot level and mm level was 10 pips away as well as 2700 level so it was very risky the cable was the choice today there was 24 pips to next support level hope this helps

Hi Harold,

You seem to know the ins and outs of this system. My questions about the arrows and dots were more for my information. I would like to understand why the indicators place dots and arrows on charts or the indicator its self. I don't plan to trade blindly with the indicators I just like to understand what they do and why they do it.

I read somewhere in this thread that you use 3 indicators and they need to agree with eachother before you trade. Do you still do that and if so what indicators are you using?

Thanks,

Dave

Reason: