Order Open Price when buy or selling on a breakout

Hi,

I 'am creating an EA that should buy or sell on a breakout of a fractal bar. Which level should I use? Do I have to use the high of the fractal bar + the spread of the currency pair? If I reverse when there is a signal in the other direction it is closing the open orders first, but the order in the opposite direction is not yet triggered, because the level is not reached. How do we compute the correct level?

Daniel

"Do I have to use X" Answer, no.

"How do I compute the correct level" Do you really think the Guru who knows the exact level is monitoring this forum and not made his millions and is not on some sunny beach with a cocktail?

This forum is about mql4 terminal and coding mql4. Once You decide on Your strategy down to the level of being able to code it, then well be able to assist.

WHRoeder:

"Do I have to use X" Answer, no.

"How do I compute the correct level" Do you really think the Guru who knows the exact level is monitoring this forum and not made his millions and is not on some sunny beach with a cocktail?

This forum is about mql4 terminal and coding mql4. Once You decide on Your strategy down to the level of being able to code it, then well be able to assist.

I don't know what is wrong with my question. And I know this forum is about mql4 terminal and coding. That's why I ask this question.

My question is simply that I want to buy the breakout of a fractal. For example if the high of the fractal bar is at 1.10000, I want to buy at 1.10000 + 1 pip above = 1.10010 level. But when I use that level as the buy trigger, it is actually buying a little below the high of the fractal bar. Is it anyway correct? Or should I add the spread?

dvarrin:
I don't know what is wrong with my question. And I know this forum is about mql4 terminal and coding. That's why I ask this question.

My question is simply that I want to buy the breakout of a fractal. For example if the high of the fractal bar is at 1.10000, I want to buy at 1.10000 + 1 pip above = 1.10010 level. But when I use that level as the buy trigger, it is actually buying a little below the high of the fractal bar. Is it anyway correct? Or should I add the spread?
  1. Your original question was "what level should I use," and that's not about code.
  2. No mind readers here, how do you expect ANY answer about YOUR CODE when you don't show it?
  3. Mql4 charts are bid charts, if you want to open when the bid reaches 1.10010 on the chart you have to add the spread for buys so it opens at the correct ASK
Reason: