CatFx50 - page 314

rollingstone:
Thanks Nina, So with the GBP trade that just happened would you have closed the trade before the UK CPI data release, or would you maybe have closed half and moved stop on 2nd half.

Hi rollingstone,

you could not successfully decide that in general.

My experience: Reactions on news are never fully predictable. Even when the news go against the pair it could first run up for some seconds to minutes to go dramatically down afterwards.

This behaviour you find very often on NFPs, GDP or trading balance.

--> Only way to win this game (risky) is to envelope the price shortly before the news with buy/sell stop orders, with SL and TP. Most brokers do not support this on a long run.

On "smaller" news it is more likely that the direction depends directly on the news-quality (like today in cable).

I don't want to give an advice to you - I only can say what I do in the majority of the cases.

If I am in profit before the news, I close a part of the position and secure the other by a stop on entry (stop size and amount to close depends on the current profit level and the expected volatility on the news)

The difficult thing is if I am in a loss. Then depending on what news are coming (expected volatility) I choose different strategies:

F.e. close a part with the current loss. That reduces the risk and gives the chance to get in profit.

F.e. let it as it is, expecting it could run in profit again with the news. Important here is to confirm mentally the possible full loss (the max risk is limited by stop).

But, I have no standard process for this.

At the situation this morning in cable I had the advantage that I didn't take the signal because of I decided to get in eurusd and swissy. I got in eurusd at 8:30 because at Northfinance the close under ema was later (tha Neuimex from Nina). This one I closed on entry. More luck I had on swissy which was closed yet but got good pips for a part of the position.

mibl

help Newbie

How do you set filter to step?

appreciate any answer.

ajagarwal:
How do you set filter to step? appreciate any answer.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173201/page153

mibl

EURUSD: At 11:30 cet we had a level 2 short at @1.2349 made a current low @1.2315

USDCHF: Long level 1 from 8:00cet @ 1.2693 is currently running for those who were not stopped out near entry (like me), made a current high @1.2770

GBPUSD: If someone reentered on cable at 11:00cet @1.7841 (or earlier with better conditions) => current low is at @1.7801. I think anyone who was in that trade from this morning was stopped out before.

mibl

Thanks.

I have all that but am not sure Nina mentioned in one of her post that

Hist_StepMA_stoch_KV1_ex_02 should be set at 2000 bars with +0,04 and -0,04 on it.I was able to set the bars at 2000 but how do you do the rest?

I do not know it is a bone head Q but hey I am making money with the system anyway.

thanks in advance,You are good.

Morning All If I Were Up Only Euro And Swiss I Would Have Entered I Would Not Have Taken Cable Possible Euro Long Have To See What Swiss Does

ajagarwal:
Thanks.

I have all that but am not sure Nina mentioned in one of her post that

Hist_StepMA_stoch_KV1_ex_02 should be set at 2000 bars with +0,04 and -0,04 on it.I was able to set the bars at 2000 but how do you do the rest?

I do not know it is a bone head Q but hey I am making money with the system anyway.

thanks in advance,You are good.

Even the same like the bars parameter - go to the indicator settings - enter on the "level" page at level +0.04 and -0.04

mibl

harold4x:
Morning All If I Were Up Only Euro And Swiss I Would Have Entered I Would Not Have Taken Cable Possible Euro Long Have To See What Swiss Does

Hi harold4x,

for what reason you hadn't taken the cable signal?

mibl

Hi all !!!,

Any possibility to set an alarm for Hist_StepMA_Stoch_Kv1_ex_02 every time that bars cross +0.04 / -0.04 levels?

Regards,

PartyPips

hi mibl firstly i dont trade at that time but if i did my middle step kept me out i dont use the 34 pip stop i use 20 pip stop when price did come down it would have been to far away the euro and swiss were good i pick my spots when to trade looking to get 20 to 40 a day consistently

Reason: