CatFx50 - page 28

Hi, Muram!

muram:
I hope this is the last version. And we need exit rules.

Sorry, Muram. It still misses trades!!!

Nina.

Files:

nina:
Hi, Muram!

Sorry, Muram. It still misses trades!!!

Nina.

Nina,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding this is not a missed trade per the CatFX50 rules that you set forth. The large move which is in your image would not have been a valid move per the rules. I'm attaching an image that shows where the actual cross of the EMA50 happened and it is not validated by StepMA_Stoch. The blue rectangle shows the two bars in which StepMA_Stoch would have had to validate the cross. Do you wish to append the rules any?

Mookfx

Files:

Hi, Mookfx!!

Look at where I drew the red arrows. You are right with the blue rectangles. But I pointed to the big move.

And look at North Finance (above)

Nina

Files:
indicator.jpg  210 kb

I'll leave the following posted as it may clear up some points, but I was writing it as you were posting your followup above.The issue appears to be in the StepMA_Stoch between brokerages.

nina:
Hi, Mookfx!!

Look at where I drew the red arrows. You are right with the blue rectangles. But I pointed to the big move.

Nina

Yes, that is my question. The big move is not an entry per the rules of CatFX50 as you have described them. Let me explain.

Per you:

"We buy or sell at the opening of new bar after price has crossed EMA50 and StepMA_Stoch validates the cross. So, if it is a sell, yellow line must be under blue one and viceversa. Signals are better if StepMA_Stoch and price with EMA50 cross at the same time."

So if we are looking at the open for the "big move", does the bar prior to the open of this bar straddle or lay below the EMA50, did the current bar open above EMA50, and does StepMA_Stoch validate. My concern is that Muram's code requires the prior bar to either straddle EMA50 or lay below EMA50. If this is not the case and we just wait for StepMA_Stoch to catch up with EMA50's cross, then Muram's code will need to be modified. Please, correct me if I am wrong as I may have confused some points, but this is how I see it in the strictest sense of the rules of CatFX50.

Mookfx

Nina,

May I contribute?

That is how I interpreted the rules too. Your all important first trigger for a trade is the bar which opens above the 50 ema after one that crosses it IF it is validated by the StepMa....I think that in the above above example the StepMa did not validate so you shouldn't have been in that trade. Am I incorrect or misinterpreted the rules? Thanks.....

Files:
example.jpg  155 kb

EUREKA!!!!

I appreciate your help, mookfx!

It is late for me now. See you!

Nina

Hi!

Again:

We see price crossing up EMA50 from below. We wait till the 30 minutes bar finishes. Meanwhile, we look at StepMA_Stoch. We see yellow line crossing up blue one too. We wait till the 30 minutes bar finishes.

The 30 minutes bar finishes and new bar begins. It opens above EMA50. Yellow line on StepMa_Stoch is above blue one. WE GO. WE BUY. StepMa_Stoch has validated the trade. The opposite for selling.

Another situation:

Bars are clossing and opening below EMA50 and yellow line on StepMa_Stoch is above blue one.

What to do?

We wait. We do not take any trade if EMA50 with price and StepMa_Stoch do not match.

Let's imagine now that after a few bars forward yellow line on Step crosses down blue one.

What to do?

We could sell, of course. But, in those cases, I look at where price is in relation to EMA50. If it is near, I sell. If it is more than 20 pips away, I do not trade.

When the crosses are not simultaneous there is asynchronism. Trades in those occurrences are more dangerous.

Nina

nina:
EURUSD, buy at 1.2098. Made a high at 1.2175. +77 pips.

How so? I have the step stochs crossing up on the 13:30 bar which closed at 1.2160. Did you enter before this?

Reason: