CatFx50 - page 2

lowphat:
the 50 ma was attached to the message before :P

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

i made the 50 200 which is attached to this message :P

you can set 50 and 200 to any number you want also

i added where the price crosses and then next bar has to close higher for buys and lower for sells. also it will only buy or sell in the same direction as the bigger ma cross.

it may be useful just as an audible alert of a crossing MA but anyways its a nice simple ea project for me to learn on

Hello Group,

Will somebody be able to validate this EA?

I have no time now.

Could you please calculate all the pips made for this easiest system of the forex world from the point of entries given to the highs and lows?

Thank you.

Remember that false entries can be reduced to the minimum.

Sorry.

One more thing: and then just think about how many snake oil sellers are out there.

Make life easy.

Thank you

Nina

The right entries were the ones I gave.

Sorry.

tomorrow, if I can, I'll try to post live calls.

The best time to trade is from 7/8 gmt to 16/17 gmt

Hi,

THX for this

Hi, Bubble!

the post you made about the 50MA i believe is valid, as i explained in a previous post that a 50 SMA used with a 200SMA first of all shows a major shift in buying and selling behaviour.

Look, the easiest and the "cleanest", the better.

Today's entries:

EURUSD at 1.1743 (buy). Made a high at 1.1847. 104 pips.

GBPUSD at 1.7352 (buy). Made a high at 1.7558. 206 pips.

USDCHF at 1.3126 (sell). Made a low at 1.2965. 161 pips.

TOTAL: 471 pips!!!

How are they now?

EURUSD: it still long.

GBPUSD: it still long.

USDCHF: it still short.

nina:
Hi, Bubble!

Today's entries:

How are they now?

Avoid news time, specially 13:30 gmt

nina:
Hi, Bubble!

Today's entries:

How are they now?

Any BASIC trend system could have made those profits. Today was a very trending day. "471 Pips!!!!!!" You could have easily pulled that plus more using the BASIC TrendManager Indicator from JetHeats system. I hope you can keep that up, especially on days like Dec 6 and Dec 2. Both days were pretty ranging days on the euro. Trading on the 30 Min chart requires a stomach in my opinion. Stops have to be rather large, in my eyes, to withstand a typical move. A rather large account would be required or a rather low leverage. If you have a rather large account, you more or less would be trading large time frames then the 30 Min as the risk would be similar on a 1 hour chart, and a swing trade would be less time consuming. And if you are using Low Leverage, then obviously a profit of 471 pips would be just the same as 100 (not exactly, but nonetheless) using a moderate or high leverage on a smaller time frame thats easier to manage. This on the other hand would require a high WIN/LOSS ratio, if your going to risk this amount.

Many people assume a M30 or H1 time frame are easier to trade off of due to the fact that market noise is slightely filtered. They take one look and assume they dont have to be on the computer all the time and they could do other things. But the actuall case is a trade on these high of time frame requires alot more attention. Unless a positio trade is occuring. One large move can occur in less then 30 mins wiping out a 50 - 100 pip profit and putting you in the negative. Unless a very clever money management efforts are made. Were as a trade on the lower time frames allows the handle of alot more control. A M5 chart would obviously get you out alot earlier then a M30 chart. So whats better? 3 trades of of a 5 min time frame equating to 2 wins and one breakeven or loss and waling away with a profit. Or have a high floating profit then loosing it all or closing for a little one.

Just my 2 cents,

May the pips shower from the heavens and land in your account.

-secXces

Hi, secxces!!

I appreciate your well documented comments.

I do trade TF5 minutes too. I do not base all my trades on TF30.

If I trade TF30 with EMA 50 or/and StepMA, I do not do it blindly. Today, for instance, USDCHF was a buy at 1.3037. But, and but, we have PIVOT at 1.3040.

EURUSD was a sell at 1.1784. But. always but, we have PIVOT at 1.1789.

EURUSD has also kissed bottom of SHI-channel. And USDCHF kissed top of its SHI-channel. So, those both possies are a very risky ones. We'll see.

BTW, we had a very nice short on EURUSD TF5 at 1.1803 and a very nice buy on USDCHF TF5 at 1.3015.

Nice short too on GBPUSD TF5 at 1.7510.

Cable is a short on Tf30 at 1.7482. Has PIVOT at 1.7467.

Nina

Reason: