CatFx50 - page 10

linuxtroll:
Even it is basic; it is very effective... I do not think that it will fail with proper money management... I am using it for several years like Nina; but I use HMA 21 (Alan Hull's Moving Average - with color) -- with a support of 3D Rainbow Chart...

Thanks for all the posts Nina...

Cheers,

Thanks for sharing, in what way do you utilize the HMA and what do you mean by 3D Rainbow Chart? Thanks again.

linuxtroll:
Even it is basic; it is very effective... I do not think that it will fail with proper money management... I am using it for several years like Nina; but I use HMA 21 (Alan Hull's Moving Average - with color) -- with a support of 3D Rainbow Chart...

Thanks for all the posts Nina...

Cheers,

Hi Linux

Is this the same as your HMA :

http://www.justdata.com.au/Journals/AlanHull/hull_ma.htm

Do you have an mq4 indicator for MetaTrader ?

I think it would be beneficial to all if you could explain in detail how you use your method as you seem to be confirming that the strategy works and has worked over a long period of time. Perhaps you could post a chart for us ?

thankyou for helping

HMA Indicators, not sure if there are others.

Nice Thread

hi nina,

nice system , simple and @ same time applicable,

i will give it a try and share with you all my trades log, entries , exits by the f start & end of each trading day and let us see how it will work for us,

fx_trader.

20 December 2005

hi,

I will follow GBP/USD.

--------------------

signal time : 11:30

Position : Long

Entry Price : 1.7655

Exit Price : 1.7620

P/L : -35 ( Stop & Reverse)

Exit Time : 15:00

--------------------

--------------------

signal time : 15:00

Position : Short

Entry Price : 1.7620

Exit Price : 1.7540

P/L : +80

Exit Time : 20:00 ( End of tading day)

--------------------

Total Profit & Loss : +45

see you tomorrow

fx_trader

??

what do we do in a period like this??'

Files:
stepma.jpg  101 kb

What to do in side ways

hi topgun,

in time like that - I am short based on stepma and after I am for hours moving I guess from + 20 to -20 - I will try to close trade with breakeven or even with negative - just because it is boring market conditions .. but in this whole picture I don't have any exit signal - I am in the trade for short until the stepma makes me exit by moving other side.

thanks,

fx_trader.

Fx_Trader:
hi topgun,

in time like that - I am short based on stepma and after I am for hours moving I guess from + 20 to -20 - I will try to close trade with breakeven or even with negative - just because it is boring market conditions .. but in this whole picture I don't have any exit signal - I am in the trade for short until the stepma makes me exit by moving other side.

thanks,

fx_trader.

Scale out of your trades.

exit rules?

Fx_Trader:
hi,

I will follow GBP/USD.

--------------------

signal time : 11:30

Position : Long

Entry Price : 1.7655

Exit Price : 1.7620

P/L : -35 ( Stop & Reverse)

Exit Time : 15:00

--------------------

--------------------

signal time : 15:00

Position : Short

Entry Price : 1.7620

Exit Price : 1.7540

P/L : +80

Exit Time : 20:00 ( End of tading day)

--------------------

Total Profit & Loss : +45

see you tomorrow

fx_trader

FX_trader, can you share with us the exact rules you use for exits? Also what S/L did you apply?

question

Having read this thread from start to finish, I cant help get the feeling here that we are maybe getting carried away, as Nina posts the High or Low of a trade and that leads us into false hopes.

If that were posible I would be more interested in the Exit method than the entry !!

I know Nina has said its just to see the POTENTIAL of each trade, however I think we ought to concentrate on the reality. Has anyone been trading this live, and NOT demo....where we are all more brave.

I feel most live will cut trades well in advance of MAX and or let it run past max and into a retracement.

If this is the case, and I am sure it will be, then the losses the system make become more important, as the comment earlier......does it make losses, Sure but profits are bigger......may not be so anymore.

I would be very interested to see LIVE results and contiuous into a choppy period before deciding this was the system it professes to be.

Reason: