CatFx50 - page 205

Your right Das, just loaded it up.

Am I finally going to be able to trade using CATFX50

I started posting at this thread with the exciteent of using this system on paper and getting results I wanted.

------Then nothing from me for 6 trading days I think------

First off I've spent the last one and a half days sorting out my hardware because of a bug in my cmputer meaning

I couldn't run MT4. Got it fixed now I think, toch wood.

Secondarily, North Finance literally used my live account as their own demo account making a wild AUD/USD trade middle of Monday or Tuesday and having to refund me and open a fresh account for me when they realized athey had used my money to leverage a trade which was eating my funds up minute by minute!....

Now, I have fixed the bug, got NF to give back my account funds and the week is almost over.

See you guys next week and thanks for the support so far has been brill.

nesalc:
Good Day Traders

Can anyone verify the success of the cci within the contents of catfx50?

Thanks in advance.

Nesalc

Hi Nesalc,

I trialling the use of technical CCI50 Exits for CATFX 50 - I have attached a picture

I use CATFX50 entry system only with a break of trendline as confirmation ( although CCI50 entries based on cross of +/ -

50 line and also 5014 trades work as well - I trade this seperately )

Some thoughts :

- If you accept that the CATFX50 is getting us onto a decent move then using a smaller timeframe on the CCI such as a 14 period will get you out early. If you follow the Woodies CCI style trading ( CCI momentum trading short time frames) this is fine - I am still checking this out for longer periods.

- I am having a look at the use of the CCI 50 200 line to get out on rejects of the line and re - cross's of the line. A very basic method, but a visual only inspection of charts back over the last couple of months seems to show some consistancy.

- The CCI ( and RSI & %R etc ) can be used as both oscillators and trend detectors depending on your intepretation, ie add support lines or moving averages so thats what I am attempting to experiment with.

- Martin Pring often suggests taking a profit target at x ( say 7-10 pips) on contract 1, take an exit on a momentum indicator on contract 2 (say CCI50 re-cross of 200 line, RSI whatever ) and final exit on cross of an moving average ( say a 50 period Hull ma or 5 offset 3 exponential )

- Of course you have your stops in place and are locking in some profit along the way !

Anyway good luck...

Files:

Hi Nina!With your system,even my cat start trading .He always ask about your Nina

Files:

haubentaucher:
Sorry!! and thank you for the indicator

no problem haubentaucher, that's why we all are here, to help each other and to make together not only some but many many pips.

Road Map?

nina:
Hi!

Road map:

EURUSD, as long as it does not close (daily) below 1.1968, it is set to hit 1.2302.

USDCHF, as long as it does not close (daily) above 1.3077, it is set to hit 1.2743.

GBPUSD, as long as it does not close (daily) below 1.7424, it is set to hit 1.7757.

Nina

Bit by bit I study and learn this great system from Nina.

But, where do the numbers come from in Nina's quote above?

Looking at the EUR/USD and GBP/USD charts and do not see.

On USD/CHF chart I see the 1.2743 as a fib pivot "overshoot-1" or is that coincidence?

Are these fib, cam or pivot numbers? Or where do they come from?

I am new to trading so maybe it is a stupid question.

Any help appreciated.

questormon

The stepma_stoch_indicator only shows up on one time frame (15 minute) on my MT4 for some unknown reason. Can anyone shed any light on this. Thanks in advance.

Dave1:
The stepma_stoch_indicator only shows up on one time frame (15 minute) on my MT4 for some unknown reason. Can anyone shed any light on this. Thanks in advance.

If you are using a high amount of bars, say 2000. You need to make sure the you have over 2000 bars loaded into your chart. Turn off the autoscroll and drag the chart back in time until the stepma_stoch starts to draw. You'll have to do it in every timeframe that you want to see it in.

Mookfx

Dave1:

try the possible solution posted by mibl:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173201/page134

questormon:
Bit by bit I study and learn this great system from Nina.

But, where do the numbers come from in Nina's quote above?

Looking at the EUR/USD and GBP/USD charts and do not see.

On USD/CHF chart I see the 1.2743 as a fib pivot "overshoot-1" or is that coincidence?

Are these fib, cam or pivot numbers? Or where do they come from?

I am new to trading so maybe it is a stupid question.

Any help appreciated.

questormon

I' m not sure either, I dont remember a post explaining these levels.

I have had a wild stab at producing levels based on the support/ resistance of the ema50 on the daily chart - see attached, I have also looked at Fib retracements and expansions but they do not line up with Ninas figures...

Nina - any chance of an explanation or could someone else fill us in...

Reason: