Fisher - page 17

lambic:
I'm trying to use nonlagma to avoid repainting of the indicator Fish with icustom. But with some problem.

I replace first MA with

MA1buffer=iCustom(NULL, 0, "NonLagMA",buffer3,10,0,0,0,i);

What's the problem? . Thx

Your "NonLagMA" indicator has 7 parameters.

ralph.ronnquist:
Your "NonLagMA" indicator has 7 parameters.

Ok but i thought icustom takes the first parameters if mentionned and take the others by default.

So if a remplace with MA1buffer=iCustom(NULL, 0, "NonLagMA",buffer3,10,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,i);

unforthunately, it doesn't change anything. Any other idea ?

Base for you indicator is what was (and is) a solar wind indicator

It is a wrongly coded Ehlers fisher transform. Hence, your problem is not in iCustom call but in the code itself

I recommend you to use some of the correctly coded indicators as basis (one of those can be found on this link : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980/page5 or some other correct ones found at All John Ehlers thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980) and then go forward.

Trying to make the indicator you use as basis and trying to make it a "non repainting one " you are only going to loose time and in the end the result must be as in one of the correctly coded ones

regards

mladen

lambic:
Ok but i thought icustom takes the first parameters if mentionned and take the others by default.

So if a remplace with MA1buffer=iCustom(NULL, 0, "NonLagMA",buffer3,10,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,i);

unforthunately, it doesn't change anything. Any other idea ?

Fish 2MA

mladen:
Base for you indicator is what was (and is) a solar wind indicator

It is a wrongly coded Ehlers fisher transform. Hence, your problem is not in iCustom call but in the code itself

I recommend you to use some of the correctly coded indicators as basis (one of those can be found on this link : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980/page5 or some other correct ones found at All John Ehlers thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980) and then go forward.

Trying to make the indicator you use as basis and trying to make it a "non repainting one " you are only going to loose time and in the end the result must be as in one of the correctly coded ones

regards

mladen

Thank for your response. Still another question if you can answeer. I would like to DRAG AND DROP custom indicator like i can do with basic indicator such as moving average, alligator , etc. Is it possible to do that ? Is there any modification in #property or something ?

Thanks

Definition of RAVI FX Fisher Filter

Hi everyone !

I am a new user, and I need to know the Definition of RAVI FX Fisher Filter in trading terms, and in MQL4 terms (code).

Be very grateful for the help, Cheers !

You are referring to a "hybrid" indicator

RAVI (Range Action Verification Index) was invented by Tushar Chande and it's definition is rather simple (as described in Beyond Technical Analysis) :

RAVI = Absolute value (100 x (SMA(7)-SMA(65))/SMA(65))

where SMA stands for simple moving average. In trading terms, RAVI resembles to ADX, except that generaly, RAVI value greater than 3% is considered to be a strong trend while ADX has different values for that trend confirmation.

The "fisher" part in the name could be Fisher transform or it could be inverse fisher transform, but my guess is that you refer to indicator that is an Inverse Fisher Transform of RAVI.

One very good version of Inverse fisher transform of RAVI, made by Linuxser that does all these things, can be found in the elite section of TSD

regards

mladen

pettrov:
Hi everyone !

I am a new user, and I need to know the Definition of RAVI FX Fisher Filter in trading terms, and in MQL4 terms (code).

Be very grateful for the help, Cheers !

Thankyou very much

Thanks so much mLaden for your quick and excellent reponse. I can see that indeed you are an experienced member !

I was wondering, please, what the Absolute value refers to (hope that is not too naive a question for this forum !)

Cheers...!

As far as indicator is concerned, it means that the value of the indicator is always going to be greater than or equal to 0 (more of absolute value mathematical definition here Absolute value - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

regards

mladen

pettrov:
Thanks so much mLaden for your quick and excellent reponse. I can see that indeed you are an experienced member !

I was wondering, please, what the Absolute value refers to (hope that is not too naive a question for this forum !)

Cheers...!

RAVI FX FF top & bottom lines

Hi again everyone.

Thanks so much for your great help on this wonderful site. Especially senior member mLaden. I was wondering, please, what the top and bottom lines are on the graph/chart of the RAVI FX Fisher Filter (what values)? And also, how to call that Ravi function to return values from it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Pettrov.

Great stuff

Hi lambic,

please look at the picture of my setup and see how really good the FX_FISH indicator works!

Take a look at the crosses with the Yellow- or BlueLine and the Orange or Green Bars.

Thank you very much and all the best

beppi

Files:
setup.jpg  234 kb
Reason: