Elite indicators :) - page 201

Fibonacci Zone Pivots

hi mladen,

Is making this indicator MTF difficult to do?

thanks,

Fudo

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Tradefx1

You could use the BarsForFract parameter but then you have to know exactly what numbers is the indicator using internally. Instead made a small modification. Added the SpeedModifier parameter. If you set it to less than 1, it will be "faster" if you set it to greater than 1 it will be "slower", with 1 it is the same as before (here is an example : green is the default, blue is with speed 0.5 and read is with speed 2)

PS: made some other little changes in order to make it possible to place multiple indicators with different 'speeds" on the same chart

regards

Mladen

Tradefx1:
mladen,

Shi Channel lags when I put it on a H4 graph. Is it possible to make it less lag ?

For example as to include it to an EA so that when uptrend or downtrend holds still trade in the same way??

sorry for my bad english...

thanks

Shi_channel

That's just perfect !

Many thanks

Files:
shi_channel.png  83 kb

Files:

Hi mladen,

any update on my request #1935?

Many thanks

Regards

bulliz

Mladen,

Is there any historical SHI Channel?>

so that I can scrollback and see the past?

Thank you

bulliz

Here you go Added adjustable wpr levels so it is not fixed to -40 -60

regards

Mladen

bulliz:
Hi mladen,

any update on my request #1935?

Many thanks

Regards

bulliz
Files:
wpr_sr.gif  24 kb
wpr_sr.mq4  3 kb

Thanks mladen!

ValeoFX

In this post I will refer to the second part of your post : the "Smoothed Rsi Inverse Fisher Transform" that is published in the October issue of TASC

First the bad things : it is not just Ehlers that is used in that indicator. The part that Sylvain Vervoort calls SVE_RainbowAverage has it's history of being misused. One of the better known ones that used Mel Widner's Rainbow average (it is a part of his Rainbow charts) is the "Rahul Mohindar Oscillator" (he used it as part of the oscillator to the last letter). In a sense, Sylvain Vervoort is better since he uses linear weighted moving average instead of simple moving average and he added more weight to recent values (the 5,4,3,2 coefficients at the beginning of the calculation)

Anyway, as a part of making that indicator made an improved version for us (metatrader users) Improvements are that we can use any length of calculating (the one published has a fixed 2 for length) and we can calculate it up to depth 50 (in the published one they have a fixed depth of 10 - the depth can be widened by changing the MAX_depth in the code directly, but be careful with memory usage) So in the end we are having something they do not have On the picture : violet is the default Rainbow WMA blue is the one with depth set to 50 (I actually like that moving average with depths greater than 10, depth 50 is an extreme but even that does not lag as much as one would expect)
Now the Smoothed Rsi inverse Fisher Transform : with a difference that it uses the improved Rainbow WMA (I decided to call it that way since I think that it is much better name and having in mind who actually found that way of calculating ...) the rest is the same (in short, it is an Ehlers' inverse fisher transform of a zero lag smoothed rsi of a rainbow wma (interesting definition, isn't it )) Also, you might want to play with parameters : I did use the default 4 for RSI length but longer ones do tend to look good too (see the second picture with RSI period 15)

And now, a pleasant weekend to all

regards

Mladen

ValeoFX:
Good morning Mladen

Please may I ask you a favour?

Would you mind adding an Alert facility onto the attached DTosc for me? No pop-ups, just an audible alert. Thanking you in advance.

Remember the issue I had with getting the DTosc to throw out an arrow when it hits other levels such as 90 and 10? What I did find was that if you move the levels, the indicator still does NOT get to those levels - it keeps on moving. You kindly made the changes for me on Line 138, but I am not attaching it here as I think I have found the answer to what it is I want the DTosc to do for me.

Lastly, have you seen the latest October 2010 issue of “Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities” (TASC) magazine yet? There is an article on an indicator built by John Ehlers and modified by Sylvain Vervoort that you may want to look at. I also just received it from a friend and fellow trader Joe Broadhurst. Let me know about this one too please as it is another large file that needs to be uploaded.

Sincerely,

Alerts Arrows

mladen:
ValeoFX

In this post I will refer to the second part of your post : the "Smoothed Rsi Inverse Fisher Transform" that is published in the October issue of TASC

First the bad things : it is not just Ehlers that is used in that indicator. The part that Sylvain Vervoort calls SVE_RainbowAverage has it's history of being misused. One of the better known ones that used Mel Widner's Rainbow average (it is a part of his Rainbow charts) is the "Rahul Mohindar Oscillator" (he used it as part of the oscillator to the last letter). In a sense, Sylvain Vervoort is better since he uses linear weighted moving average instead of simple moving average and he added more weight to recent values (the 5,4,3,2 coefficients at the beginning of the calculation)

Anyway, as a part of making that indicator made an improved version for us (metatrader users) Improvements are that we can use any length of calculating (the one published has a fixed 2 for length) and we can calculate it up to depth 50 (in the published one they have a fixed depth of 10 - the depth can be widened by changing the MAX_depth in the code directly, but be careful with memory usage) So in the end we are having something they do not have On the picture : violet is the default Rainbow WMA blue is the one with depth set to 50 (I actually like that moving average with depths greater than 10, depth 50 is an extreme but even that does not lag as much as one would expect)
Now the Smoothed Rsi inverse Fisher Transform : with a difference that it uses the improved Rainbow WMA (I decided to call it that way since I think that it is much better name and having in mind who actually found that way of calculating ...) the rest is the same (in short, it is an Ehlers' inverse fisher transform of a zero lag smoothed rsi of a rainbow wma (interesting definition, isn't it )) Also, you might want to play with parameters : I did use the default 4 for RSI length but longer ones do tend to look good too (see the second picture with RSI period 15)

And now, a pleasant weekend to all

regards

Mladen

Hi Mladen

Smoothed Rsi Inverse Fisher Transform

MTF Or Interpolate

12 and 88 level alerts

Thanks

Reason: