Trading Strategies Based On Digital Filters - page 32

And date settings in the Windows so you probable have like this:

And it is my settings:

Thus, I am not sure exactly but I think the error is because of data and date settings in Windows ("Languages and Standards").

If this software is converting Metatrader's data so the Windows settings is used.

v0.54

Clahn,

If you go to Robertinno website,just click the link at his posts,you will find,for free the newer version v0.54 of the Digital Filter Generator..I downloaded it and it works fine.

My Thanks to Robertinno..;)

newdigital:
And date settings in the Windows so you probable have like this:

And it is my settings:

Thus, I am not sure exactly but I think the error is because of data and date settings in Windows ("Languages and Standards").

If this software is converting Metatrader's data so the Windows settings is used.

ND,

Seems you solved the riddle of the year. Thanks dude!!

Can you please explain the process to change the date format? Was this change done in MT4 or the DFG software? I can't seem to find out where to go to change any date formats in either of these softwares.

Thanks in advance, my friend. (Stil don't know how you manage to be in more than one place @ once )

F.F.L.

I just explained my experience.

When we are using some tool to import the data to non-Metatrader software (to asctrend software by ForexClub tool for free instead of using esignal; and so on) so we may have this problem: Windows settings of the date and numbers. And it depends on where this software was created, and it depends on which Windows you have.

For example, my Windows is in Russian language. It means that 1,000 is one in this Windows (and in Russian language). And 1,000 is one thousand if you are having English language Windows. And the same cases with deviders. And it is different for Europe and Asia as well.

So, if you are converting the forex data from one software to the other one using some of free tool (there are a lot of free tools) so this tool will do it according to your Windows settings in most of the time.

Just go to Control Panel, Languages and Standards and change the format and you will understand.

The most important thing is devider: it can be comma or semicolon.

For example:

1.9864,25.01.2006 (if comma)

or

1.9864;25.01.2006 (if semicolon).

When the data is imported so your Windows can understand the comma as a devider between some data and you can get an error.

So, check it in your Windows settings and change if necessary (but it is not related to american Windows as it was setted in right way already). But as I know the creator of this DFG is Russian so, may be, he programmed comma instead of semicolon and because of that I do not have any error (i did not get error and my devider in Windows settings is comma by default).

SIMBA:
Clahn,

If you go to Robertinno website,just click the link at his posts,you will find,for free the newer version v0.54 of the Digital Filter Generator..I downloaded it and it works fine.

My Thanks to Robertinno..;)

Simba,

I used v.54 yesterday and had the same problem. Perhaps i am just doing something wrong now. I haven't read all of the new posts through, so perhaps this isn't a question to ask. Please see my attached pic and comment.

Thanks,

cl

Files:

clahn04:
Simba,

I used v.54 yesterday and had the same problem. Perhaps i am just doing something wrong now. I haven't read all of the new posts through, so perhaps this isn't a question to ask. Please see my attached pic and comment.

Thanks,

cl

I am not sure that it will help but go to Control Panel in your Windows settings, Languages and Standards and see how th date and numbers are written there (and change something if necessary). For example, date must be "dd.MM.yyyy".

Thank you for the date help. It is working now :-)

cl

clahn04:
Thank you for the date help. It is working now :-) cl

Care to share your results?..And the right way to set the data ,comma,etc issue...it will be a thrill for us to be able to do and share too

Reason: