Trading Strategies Based On Digital Filters - page 34

Anyone still follow this thread?

jet:
Anyone still follow this thread?

Sure. Just at a dead end in this DSP maze @ this time.

is fft algorythm right?

barnix:
Fast Fourier Transform

EURUSD 4h

1. frequency zone = 8 ( Fmin=6; Fmax=10)

2. frequency zone = 14 (Fmin=12;Fmax=16)

3. frequency zone = 18 (Fmin=17;Fmax=19)

4. frequency zone = 22 (Fmin=21;Fmax=23)

5. frequency zone = 26 (Fmin=25;Fmax=27)

6. frequency zone = 35 (Fmin=33;Fmax=37)

7. frequency zone = 48 (Fmin=46;Fmax=50)

8. frequency zone = 76 (Fmin=74;Fmax=78)

9. frequency zone = 118 (Fmin=115;Fmax=121)

Hi barnix,

thank you for sharing. I appreciate fft library so much,

but are you sure that "fastfouriertransform" algorythm is right?

I have checked the results and they differ from say MS Excel fourier transform results and others (i.e. from some "c" language algorythms available across the net)

I see that you use realfastfouriertransform in your indicators though, so i guess it must be correct.

aplication in strategies (thx Alexolo)

p.s. doc. in russian - who too lasy to read the text or google translate (like i am) - just read the pictures (read the charts - that what i mean!)

Files:
atcf.zip  1179 kb

fxbs:
aplication in strategies (thx Alexolo) p.s. doc. in russian - who too lasy to read the text or google translate (like i am) - just read the pictures (read the charts - that what i mean!)

Yo, thanks for this!

FTLM/STLM theory needed

I recently became very interested in digital filters. All I know is that they are based on spectral analysis and they filter out high frequency oscillations (someone may correct me here). I would like to be able to construct these by myself. The way I see it, such filters need to be calibrated for a specific pair and time frame and/or time period, reflecting recent behavior of the markets. However, acquiring the knowledge is a daunting project by itself.

I was wondering whether any one might have some practical examples with popular software like matlab,octave,R, etc. For example, how do we arrive to the coefficients in the attached indicator?

I have seen a bit on Russian message boards but nothing too useful.

Please help.

Files:
ftlm-stlm.mq4  9 kb

Everything was posted here so I moved your post to this thread. You can read it from the beginning. Also look at whole the section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

here is the ATCF document translated in English...

beware the text is broken in a lot of place....also the text for a particular chart may PRECEED the chart...sometimes it will come after i think...

i was too lazy to fix it after copying and pasting in babelfish.

the signals make a great deal of sense from a trading perspective....glad to have this document.

best

cl

Files:

here is a corrected document....there were a couple of charts out of order....sorry about that but i just noticed it....

should be good now..

cl

Files:

got_fx:
I recently became very interested in digital filters. All I know is that they are based on spectral analysis and they filter out high frequency oscillations (someone may correct me here). I would like to be able to construct these by myself. The way I see it, such filters need to be calibrated for a specific pair and time frame and/or time period, reflecting recent behavior of the markets. However, acquiring the knowledge is a daunting project by itself.

I was wondering whether any one might have some practical examples with popular software like matlab,octave,R, etc. For example, how do we arrive to the coefficients in the attached indicator?

I have seen a bit on Russian message boards but nothing too useful.

Please help.

http://www.may.nnov.ru/mak/

Just a little something to wet your whistle.

Peace

F.F.L.

Reason: