Trading Strategies Based On Digital Filters - page 30

robertinno:
I have used excel for time series preparation

Can you explain your steps. I believe i have an error somewhere.

Thanks,

cl

I have attached artificial GBPJPY H4 quotations

Files:
eurjpy240isk.rar  142 kb

I have tried it this exact way.....makes perfect sense...

My problem is when i go to "open" the file with the Digital Filter software....File->Open File...then select the file...i get a "I/O Error 32" and it won't load.............is there some special process you have to do to get the data into the digital filter software?

cl

I have used Finware spectrum analyzer, I will try to use S. Iluhin spectrum analyzer.

robertinno:
I have used Finware spectrum analyzer, I will try to use S. Iluhin spectrum analyzer.

i have finware as well. I am using the digital filter methods filter generator, v. 0.51. I cannot get the excel file to load....i feel as if I don't have the proper version or something? I have the one available for download in the digital filters thread.

cl

I'm wondering if i need a different version of the software or something....does anyone have any input?....or more importantly, has anyone gotten it to work.

cl

Thank you, Simba for your explanation. I appreciate your patience and kindness. I think some posters can learn something from you.

Amazing how some people can be so intelligent and simultaneously, primative in their communcations and backwards in their "benevolence".

To get this convo rolling again, ffl and i have been looking at the change in n method for the spectrum. Here is the problem you get that i have described before. Please see attachments.

cl

attachments

clahn04:
To get this convo rolling again, ffl and i have been looking at the change in n method for the spectrum. Here is the problem you get that i have described before. Please see attachments. cl

Please post attachments

shoot...i thought i did....i think they are too wide, and i don't have a crop tool...i will just try to send them to you in a PM....and maybe you can crop them, or at least look at them.

cl

Reason: