Trading Strategies Based On Digital Filters - page 28

FFL,

I appreciate the comments. My knowledge of digital filters is small compared to Simba and others i'm sure. My only hope is to keep learning and growing. Simba has given me (us) a wealth of info. I hope i can repay the favor in the future with some original ideas ( i'm working on them :-)

Best,

cl

Gbpusd Analysis Part2

If you see the 2 attached images,you will realize that the 3 cycles are pointing up and that it looks like the h1 is just synchronizing with h4...for an interesting buy executed at 1.9619.

This is a partial order,since m30 trend is still pointing down,so,I plan to add more when this trend changes too.

Files:
gu.gif  67 kb
gu2.gif  72 kb

rejection of key point

I exited due to first a penetration and then a rejection of a key level..see second pic how the 1.9652 level has 4 rebounds that confirm it as a key level.

exit was done at 1.9648 so,+29 pips for the moment..and situation looks more confused by the moment..though the h4 trend is up..yet

Files:
gu4.gif  57 kb
gu3.jpg  448 kb

I'm headed back to work, but wanted to post this right now.

Here is a 1HR EURJPY snapshot. There is an interesting "sync" that happens with the Cycle and STLM and the SATL slope. It's not science by any means, but it's interesting. When all three coincide, the direction seems to be clear. FYI, when you drop down to 30 and 15 min to look at their slopes at those times, they turn in perfect unison with the other time frames. When things get "out of sync", the cycles seem to diverge from one another until the sync is restored. I will post the lower time frame shots later on when i'm back.

I just made these cycles and was messing around with this, so i have not looked too far back into the past. Thus....no science, just interesting :-)

Best trading,

cl

Files:

Question Simba,

I have done these MTF indicators like you. For some reason the last 2 days the indicators have been "out of cycle". They matched up perfectly in the past and have never done this before. What would be the cause of this?

Thanks,

cl

Files:

clahn04:
Question Simba,

I have done these MTF indicators like you. For some reason the last 2 days the indicators have been "out of cycle". They matched up perfectly in the past and have never done this before. What would be the cause of this?

Thanks,

cl

I believe that they went "out of cycle" due to a mini uptrend in m15 for the last 2 days of the chart,usually minitrends of around 2 days average length are based on the h1+h4 cycle..usually cycles get out of phase,according to John Ehlers,when a trend arises...and ,according to JM HURST..a trend is just a cycle with higher period and amplitude ...try to base your "directional bias" on h4/h1 combo...or d1/h4....then fine tune with the shorter timeframes.

With regards to the 4hr/1hr, is it necessary to delete all of the indicators i have made with 15/30/60 analysis? There is'nt a 4 hour peak that matches the ones i used. Obviously the 4hr would not "match" the others. Or could i make 2 new 4hr/1hr, and then use the 30/15 i have already made for finer analysis?

Thanks,

cl

clahn04:
With regards to the 4hr/1hr, is it necessary to delete all of the indicators i have made with 15/30/60 analysis? There is'nt a 4 hour peak that matches the ones i used. Obviously the 4hr would not "match" the others. Or could i make 2 new 4hr/1hr, and then use the 30/15 i have already made for finer analysis?

Thanks,

cl

second option is best....use what you have and add a new filter at a higher tf

I wanted to liven this thread up a bit....so here is a trade i put on tonight....we shall see how it goes....the 4hr trend is up....the short may be a retracement that lasts another 6 hours or so.....SATL below RSTL and both sloping down....STLM neg.....3 cycles pointing down...

hope you guys are doing well...

cl

Files:

clahn04:
I wanted to liven this thread up a bit....so here is a trade i put on tonight....we shall see how it goes....the 4hr trend is up....the short may be a retracement that lasts another 6 hours or so.....SATL below RSTL and both sloping down....STLM neg.....3 cycles pointing down...

hope you guys are doing well...

cl

Interesting setup. These digital filters look rather intruiging.

Reason: