Jurik - page 13

And look at this system: it is BB indicator (almost standard one but Jurik), one of the digital filter and digital NRTR for trailing stop.

Files:
filter3.gif  29 kb

And some people asked about howto draw vertical lines automatically?

Look at the images: any lines. On bar close, open, day start and close, on some hour - any kind of lines adjustable.

Files:
grid1.gif  22 kb
grid2.gif  25 kb
grid3.gif  31 kb
grid4.gif  25 kb

newdigital:
And look at this system: it is BB indicator (almost standard one but Jurik), one of the digital filter and digital NRTR for trailing stop.

Hi newdigital,

Interesting stuff with this NRTR indicator... could you please post the MQL4 file for it? Or is it in the ZIP file posted two pages back by Linuxser? What is its name? I couldn't find it there...

Thanks!

Malcik:
Hi newdigital,

Interesting stuff with this NRTR indicator... could you please post the MQL4 file for it? Or is it in the ZIP file posted two pages back by Linuxser? What is its name? I couldn't find it there...

Thanks!

I will post the templates tomorrow for all the images I made. BTW you may install the latest Jurik (by Linuxser).

Divergence in traditional indicators gives many false signals in day trading

You are absolutely right! Thanks

Pecunia non olet:
Some fun with CFB.

....Specifically CFB Adaptive Polarized Fractal Efficiency of Momentum.

https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=16096

- - - -

A screenshot from the page above.

https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/DATA/200391122724_Laguerre%20and%20CFB%20derived%20PFE%20of%20Momentum.jpg

The screenshot shows stiffer settings where some lag shows up, but this stuff can be tuned a lot better than the image shows.

::--> Note the lack of so-called 'divergence' - that is, unlike MACD and other standard TA oscillators, these have less tendency to move back down toward the center or zeroline while price is still moving up.

IMHO, a big problem with traditional oscillators is that they give false directional readings when a trend occurs, but the momentum of the trend stops increasing or falls off a bit. Price continues to rise, but the traditional oscillators like MACD start to fall, giving a false signal.

This is less of a problem with the indicators in the screenshot. Note the trend on the right side.

"Less false 'divergence' signals, priceless"

A lot of cool stuff can be done with tools like these.

- - - -

This is hard to articulate this late at nite but-

One nonobvious aspect of the problem where price continues to rise, but the traditional oscillators like MACD start to fall and give a false signal is that it sort of forces the use of zeroline crossings of the oscillator as a signal. But maybe, just maybe, the slope-or-state of the indicator is a better signal than a zeroline cross. By slope-or-state I mean, "If the indicator is sloping upwards or is at 100, LongCondition = true". I have seen many instances where slope-or-state of "non-divergence" indicators like PFE of Momentum outperformed zeroline crossings of diverging indicators.... An easier way to say it: In my experience, slope-or-state of "non-divergence" indicators outperforms either slope or zeroline crossings of traditional diverging indicators. Your milage may vary.

Re 3c_J2Jlite

newdigital:
It is 3c_J2JLite. All you need to do is toplace the files from include unzipped folder to include Metatrader's folder. The same with library and indicators folders.

Hi ND

When I attach 3C_J2JLite, I get a different display See attached chart

Thanx ejpdl

Files:

ejpdl:
Hi ND

When I attach 3C_J2JLite, I get a different display See attached chart

Thanx ejpdl

There is Trend_minimum settings in the indcators.

It is my template for that file (set_1 attached).

Files:
set_1.tpl  2 kb
filter1.tpl  2 kb
filter3.tpl  3 kb
filter4.tpl  3 kb

Re Templates

Hi ND

Could I check which version set of Jurik indicators are you using? The one in Post #69 or Post #101 ?

I found some of the files in Post #101 needed more files to compile ie JurX Series Resize and JurXSeriesAlert Where can I find these?

When I load the set_1.tpl I get the same chart as in my previous post

Some of the templates are not showing any indicators

Thanx

ejpdl

LaguerreRSI_Adaptive

SIMBA - any chance of posting the LaguerreRSI_Adaptive indicator please?

ejpdl:
Hi ND

Could I check which version set of Jurik indicators are you using? The one in Post #69 or Post #101 ?

I found some of the files in Post #101 needed more files to compile ie JurX Series Resize and JurXSeriesAlert Where can I find these?

When I load the set_1.tpl I get the same chart as in my previous post

Some of the templates are not showing any indicators

Thanx

ejpdl

It was last set.

I did nothing special. I unzip'ed and then I was trying to include folders. And everything what is inside include folders in ziped file I placed in /include Metatrader folder. And all others are the indicators. That's all.

Reason: