MT5 Charts freezing and OpenCL on a vps

I'm using a vps for mt5 on windows server   2022 datacentre.

Server is 6 cores, 16gb ram, amd epyc 7282, 100gb mvme.

Performance is great for everything non mt5.

1. However mt5 charts keep freezing, even with 1 chart and a couple of few basic indicators loaded,

mt5 cpu usage is less than 10% and memory usage circa 395mb out of 16gb.

2. Also, the tab OpenCl does not show any devices, cpu chip, gpu, is this normal for mt5 on a vps?

OptiTrad: I'm using a vps for mt5 on windows server   2022 datacentre. Server is 6 cores, 16gb ram, amd epyc 7282, 100gb mvme. Performance is great for everything non mt5. 1. However mt5 charts keep freezing, even with 1 chart and a couple of few basic indicators loaded, mt5 cpu usage is less than 10% and memory usage circa 395mb out of 16gb. 2. Also, the tab OpenCl does not show any devices, cpu chip, gpu, is this normal for mt5 on a vps?
  1. What is your definition of basic indicators? Are any of them custom indicators? If so, there may be problems with their code.
    Other than that, there is not enough information to provide an answer. You will have to analyse both the MetaTrader logs and Windows logs to help narrow down the reason.
  2. Most VPS do not support OpenCL and when they do, it is very limited and only for the CPU, not the GPU devices.

Fernando Carreiro #:
  1. What is your definition of basic indicators? Are any of them custom indicators? If so, there may be problems with their code.
    Other than that, there is not enough information to provide an answer. You will have to analyse both the MetaTrader logs and Windows logs to help narrow down the reason.
  2. Most VPS do not support OpenCL and when they do, it is very limited and only for the CPU, not the GPU devices.

Thank you for the feedback Fenando, much appreciated.

I'll continue to investigate. I saw a few other similiar posts with suggested but unworkable workarounds.

Looks like an mt5 issue that metaquotes haven't addressed.

If I can't resolve it I may go back to ninjatrader8.

OptiTrad #: Thank you for the feedback Fenando, much appreciated. I'll continue to investigate. I saw a few other similiar posts with suggested but unworkable workarounds. Looks like an mt5 issue that metaquotes haven't addressed. If I can't resolve it I may go back to ninjatrader8.
You seem to have ignored my questions! They were pertinent to the issue.

Fernando Carreiro #:
You seem to have ignored my questions! They were pertinent to the issue.

It's a waste of time, thanks. It's obviously a known issue that metequotes won't address, others have had the same problem and it still persists.

DEMA8, no custom indicators, chart candles set to 10000, as basic as it gets, no other information needed.

Thanks anyway.

OptiTrad #: It's a waste of time, thanks. It's obviously a known issue that metequotes won't address, others have had the same problem and it still persists. DEMA8, no custom indicators, chart candles set to 10000, as basic as it gets, no other information needed. Thanks anyway.

I've been on the forum for a very long time, and if it is a "known" issue, then there have been few posts about it.

I can at least say that it is not a common issue, and I have never experienced it myself on my VPS setups.

Can you perhaps reference the threads you have read that are related to your issue?

EDIT: Also remember that your definition of "freezing" may be that of a data-feed problem from your broker and not related to MetaTrader itself, but you have not provided enough information for us to be able comment.

Also, make sure you are using an official build and not a beta build. The current official build is 3550 (16 December 2022).

I guess the problem is on the server's side. There are (expensive) financial servers without any problem and there are very cheap vps with too many vps on one cpu/ram and they are e.g. used for gaming with a heavy load of the machine...
Reason: