PowerTrading/The River - page 13

sound alert

i was backtested and forward tested it..an alert when the full close bar above or below the blue or red line, will be very helpfull..even just one pip above or below, because the movement is very quick to recheck the data window of the prevous candle when the next candle appear..anyone create the alert is appreaciated.thx a lot

Would be nice

kucinx:
i was backtested and forward tested it..an alert when the full close bar above or below the blue or red line, will be very helpfull..even just one pip above or below, because the movement is very quick to recheck the data window of the prevous candle when the next candle appear..anyone create the alert is appreaciated.thx a lot

Not sure if you were saying there is an alert or suggesting one. I would love to have one as well.

PT

See My Post #109, Put the BB Bands with Alert Indicator on the GPB/JPY

15 Min TF Chart, best I have found until someone creates an Better Alert, most Times this Indicator is right on, or close to an intended enty, also has a nice stopline on the chart.

txsundevil:
See My Post #109, Put the BB Bands with Alert Indicator on the GPB/JPY 15 Min TF Chart, best I have found until someone creates an Better Alert, most Times this Indicator is right on, or close to an intended enty, also has a nice stopline on the chart.

put that on already thx but hope anyone can create a better alert in this forum since this strategy is awesome but really need to catch up with the entry of this monster volatile pair hehehhe..any expert programmer needed to be participate to continue the development.cheers

New Day-Same Result

Here is another day on the River. I am posting a chart that shows the normal entry. You could have used the new filters for an early entry but in this case it would have only made you and extra 10 or 12 pips. This method is solid and with the proper practice, you will learn to take pips everyday.

PT

how to avoid this?

i lost tody twice. pls help find how can i avoid this

Files:
12.gif  45 kb

No Trade Day

There are just days that you should not trade the River. Not sure from your post if you have the entry levels correct. I picked up some positive pips today but it was because I put a micro channel on a very ranging market and scalped 15 or 20 pips here or there, but that is a different strategy altogether. I have been advising everyone to stay away from the 1st move of the early Asian session as it is low volume and ranging. I think you have to demo this pair a while to identify how it is acting. I would just say wait for a breakout later in the Asian session and understand after a few days of range, you may get the big breakout the next day.

Good luck,

PT

Same thing today

Alert: Market is ranging.

The market is ranging on most pairs right now so I would not look to make a trade on the River until the European session. I will not be trading until the European session!

river

this system is always going to have problems on ranging days.open 2 orders and set limit order at 10 or 20 pips this will help you break even on tight ranges

PowerTrader:
Here is another day on the River. I am posting a chart that shows the normal entry. You could have used the new filters for an early entry but in this case it would have only made you and extra 10 or 12 pips. This method is solid and with the proper practice, you will learn to take pips everyday.

PT

Hi,

What is your timezone? Our broker? Your entry in 0:45 broker time? GMT? CET? Recommended trading hour?

Regards

Reason: