New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1045 - page 7

Dadas:

This is no good!

This removes EA on every Tf change!!! 

You misunderstood.
It is just proof that MT's internal cleanup routine does not work or at least not enough.

Just removing an expert from a chart is not enough to destroy all object and/or pointers.
You have to call ExpertRemove() explicitly to destroy them.

So calling DeInit() by a ChartSetSymbolPeriod() or changing user input probably leaves the same mess behind until you close the chart.
For me this is a sign that i can stop messing with my code trying to fix it because that has no use and i (we) have to wait for the bug-fix update.

HotPotato:
You misunderstood.
It is just proof that MT's internal cleanup routine does not work or at least not enough.

Just removing an expert from a chart is not enough to destroy all object and/or pointers.
You have to call ExpertRemove() explicitly to destroy them.

So calling DeInit() by a ChartSetSymbolPeriod() or changing user input probably leaves the same mess behind until you close the chart.
For me this is a sign that i can stop messing with my code trying to fix it because that has no use and i (we) have to wait for the bug-fix update.

OK, thx!

Dadas:
OK, thx!
Got one.

ObjectsDeleteAll()   !!!!!!!

Well for me that is, now using ObjectsDeleteAll(ChartID,0,0);

There's a new build 1048 on the MT4 demo server...

JC:

... no, that hasn't fixed the problem.

Among countless other instances, my minimal example is still broken on 1048. 

JC:
I hope that one isn't to front run the windows 11 release. :-)

I am back on 1010 for development but i will give that one a try.

JC:

I now have a pretty minimal test case.

If I load the following EA onto a chart...

#property strict

void OnTick() {}

void OnDeinit(const int reason)
{
   Sleep(1);
} 

... then, when I manually change the timeframe or symbol of the chart, the EA is unloaded but not reloaded.

Works fine in build 1031. 

It's not systematic, sometimes it works.

Reported to ServiceDesk ?

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "off-topic".
I understand your frustration all, but I had to remove some posts to stay on topic. Sorry.

Alain Verleyen:
It's not systematic, sometimes it works.

Reported to ServiceDesk ?

@JC Did you report it to the ServiceDesk ?

Hi everyone

Since this build (1045 right now in my plataform) I noticed a mayor problem... ChartSymbol() and ChartPeriod() among others functions dont work when calling others charts within the actual profile...

also if you try to read the color of an object existing in other chart you use ObjectGetInteger(chartID,name_object,OBJPROP_COLOR) where chartID is the especific ID of the chart... well even though the chartID of that chart is correct, the chart exists and all it's like the plataform doesn't see it, the result is like the chart is not there.

some one with the seame problem? it's not me, I know that because more people told me they have the same problem.

Where do I report this to ServiceDesk?

thanks in advance 

Reason: