Experts: VFX London Breakout - page 17

Hi, 

I am having an issue with testing this EA. Specific to the inputs. 

I have put all the inputs the same as some of the photos but the results that come out are completely different to the pictures. I am struggling to understand what the difference is between Value Start Step and Stop is.

Please Help!

Regards,

Max

Hello Vinicius,

Thanks for the VFX London Breakout. I've installed it on my MT4 and loaded the USDJPY.set but can't seem to get it to work. Hoping you can help me. Broker is Oanda (demo), do except micro-lots. Server time is GMT +2. 

Files:

PipMonster491:

Hello Vinicius,

Thanks for the VFX London Breakout. I've installed it on my MT4 and loaded the USDJPY.set but can't seem to get it to work. Hoping you can help me. Broker is Oanda (demo), do except micro-lots. Server time is GMT +2. 

Good night.

I believe the problem is because your broker does not work with micro lots. See this post.

Another way to avoid this problem is to test using fixed lot.

Kind regards.

Hi Vinicius

I've downloaded your EA and backtested it using tick data over 16 + years and am very happy with it.

However, when i put it on my demo account on a live chart it doesn't seem to place any trades. I've clicked the live trading box in the settings and have a :) in the top right hand corner so am struggling to work out what i am doing wrong. Please help!

Thanks

P.S. My broker is IC markets and i'm using Mt4 on a VPS

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
, then each symbol positions will be closed in the same order, in which they are opened, starting with the oldest one. In case of an attempt to close positions in a different order, the trader will receive an appropriate error. There are several types of accounts that can be opened on a trade server. The type of account on which an...

physicsbkk:

Hi Vinicius

I've downloaded your EA and backtested it using tick data over 16 + years and am very happy with it.

However, when i put it on my demo account on a live chart it doesn't seem to place any trades. I've clicked the live trading box in the settings and have a :) in the top right hand corner so am struggling to work out what i am doing wrong. Please help!

Thanks

physicsbkk:

Hi Vinicius

Thanks

Hello, 

Check the Journal tab. There must be some message there that can help you understand why the position has not been opened.

Hello Vinicius,

For some reason this EA is now trading twice and sometimes three times in a single day.  Do you why it would do so?

Thanks

dre732000:

Hello Vinicius,

For some reason this EA is now trading twice and sometimes three times in a single day.  Do you why it would do so?

Thanks

Hello,

This version opens position whenever the price breaks the determined trading range.

In this post I made available another version that proposes to open at most one buy position and one sell position per day.

In this other topic I made other versions available, in case you are interested in testing.

Sincerely.

Experts: VFX London Breakout
Experts: VFX London Breakout
  • www.mql5.com
VFX London Breakout: Author: Vinicius de Oliveira...
Reason: