Experts: VFX London Breakout - page 5

Vinicius de Oliveira:

Hi ericholzer

- This version can open only one long position and one short position per day;

- Now you can set the Trading Time in the London session (in the previous version this value was fixed in five hours);

- Added the Bars To Close Positions parameter. The position is closed after a certain number of bars of the current timeframe. If you do not want to use this option, set 0 (zero).

I hope it's useful.

Kind regards. 

thanks, I'll test it

Nice EA!

H‌ow do you deal with the daylight saving time? is that automatically managed in the EA?

MQL4AutoTrading:

Nice EA!

H‌ow do you deal with the daylight saving time? is that automatically managed in the EA?

Many brokers use EET (Eastern European Time), which corresponds to UTC + 2, but in summer, due to daylight saving time, this time changes to UTC + 3. That is, when the time of the London session changes (DST), it also changes the broker's time. Therefore, it is not necessary to change the EA time setting.

But if the broker does not change the time during daylight saving time, it is necessary to make this adjustment manually in the EA parameters, okay?

Thank you!‌

Vinicius de Oliveira:

Many brokers use EET (Eastern European Time), which corresponds to UTC + 2, but in summer, due to daylight saving time, this time changes to UTC + 3. That is, when the time of the London session changes (DST), it also changes the broker's time. Therefore, it is not necessary to change the EA time setting.

But if the broker does not change the time during daylight saving time, it is necessary to make this adjustment manually in the EA parameters, okay?

Thank you!‌

Makes perfect sense, thank you

Hi Vinicius,

I belive that something important missing in this bot - a trailing function ;) and that would increase the performance i think. Well give it a thought :)

Kenneth Parling:

Hi Vinicius,

I belive that something important missing in this bot - a trailing function ;) and that would increase the performance i think. Well give it a thought :)

Hi Kenneth, ‌thank you!

I posted in this forum versions of the robot with BE and TS (posts  and ).

Kind regards.‌

Vinicius de Oliveira:

Hi Kenneth, ‌thank you!

I posted in this forum versions of the robot with BE and TS (posts  and ).

Kind regards.‌

Okey very nice, i'll check it out! Thanks

Hi Vinicius,

I have downloaded your EA but in tester gives no result?

How I plot the pairs sets, in what folder?

janwan:

Hi Vinicius,

I have downloaded your EA but in tester gives no result?

How I plot the pairs sets, in what folder?

H‌i janwan,

You can download the setting files (.set) to the Terminal > tester folder or to the Terminal > MQL4 > Presets folder.

If the EA does not open positions during the backtest, please see the message that appears on the Journal tab and let me know.

Kind regards.

Vinicius de Oliveira:

H‌i janwan,

You can download the setting files (.set) to the Terminal > tester folder or to the Terminal > MQL4 > Presets folder.

If the EA does not open positions during the backtest, please see the message that appears on the Journal tab and let me know.

Kind regards.

Hi Vinicius,

A‌fter a put the settings in the tester folder , no result in strategie tester.  In journal this message: 2017.03.09 19:40:15.314 2017.01.01 00:00:00  VFX_London_Breakout_-_Trail_h_BE inputs: LondonOpen=36000; PosMonday=3; PosTuesday=2; PosWednesday=2; PosThursday=2; PosFriday=2; PosRiskBy=0; PosRisk=0.5; StopLoss=300; TakeProfit=600; TrailingStop=250; TrailingStep=10; Breakeven=0; MaxRange=380; MinRange=110; BreakRange=10; MaxSpread=15; Slippage=10; MagicNumber=112233; 

2017.03.09 19:40:12.098 TestGenerator: current spread 18 used

‌2017.03.09 19:40:09.928 Expert VFX_London_Breakout_-_Trail_h_BE EURUSD,H1: loaded successfully

I restarted the MT4 but no result.

Reason: