Automated trading system for breakouts in the London and New York sessions, which considers trading ranges formed during the Asian sessions.
This EA can be optimized to work with EUR, GBP and USD pairs, on the M15, M30 and H1 timeframes.
- Recommended minimum deposit is 1000;
- This EA requires constant optimization. I suggest optimizing every 1 to 3 months, considering the historical data for at least the last 2 to 5 years, depending on the timeframe. It can be optimized using the Open Prices Only model (fastest method);
- Attached examples of setting files for some pairs and timeframes, and also examples of files for optimization.
hi Sr, I am new in this I wonder which file do I have to copy tu run the EA in my MT4, I ask this because you have one file with extencion mq4 and others with SET extension.
I would like to test your EA qith the pair GBP/USD,
You must copy / compile / run the .mq4 file. The .set files are the EA setting files.
See this article: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1385.
Other articles on this topic: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/mt4/strategy_tester.
Hi Vinicius, Thanks for the information, I installed the EA in my MT4 station successfully according to the message in the journal tab. I did some some test in tester area and run ok.
Question for you, this EA is only for backtesting or can be used for automated trading. I ask this because the EA is installed but nothing happen, the only thing new in my MT4 screen is the EA name and a small smile face on the top right corner. The automated trading is on and I set up all the parameters according to the link posted.
Could you pls clarify this for me, thanks in advance
Thanks, I will test to get more pratice with this, Another question how the lot size is considere in the EA, Do you have the meaning of each imput parameter, let say what does (Maximum Trading Range) mean, I apolozise for those simple question but I am new on this, thanks again,
Hi Vinicius, Thanks for the information, I testing with your EA, and I have a question, the EA works with the stop loss that we put in the input parameters or there is another automated criteria for the Stop loss, I mean calculated for the EA itself,
Thanks in advance
The EA sets the Stop Loss from the opposite limit of the trading range, ie if you enter 0 (zero) in this input parameter, the EA will set the SL exactly at the opposite limit of the trading range.
thanks for the ea, looks good I had an issue I wanted to set it to trade off the range of a single 1h bar but when I set the trading range bars to 1 it came up with an error message saying it was invalid
To test considering the range of only one bar you will need:
- Find in the code, event handler OnInit(), the condition "if (iTradeRange <= 1)";
- Change to "if (iTradeRange <= 0)";
- Compile the file;
- In the input parameter Minimum Bars Up / Down -%, enter 0.0 (zero).