MT4 64 bit is becoming nessery for compatibility with windows 10 and new pcs - page 8

I just bought a new HP spectre laptop. I installed mt4. Appeared to work find but when I installed a custom indicator that I like using it does not display properly. The text is jumbled together and unable to be read. This same indicator worked fine in my old windows 8 laptop but not on this new windows 10 HP. Look at lower left corner and you can see what I am referring too. Not just this ind but others as well.

Francisco Martinez: I just bought a new HP spectre laptop. I installed mt4. Appeared to work find but when I installed a custom indicator that I like using it does not display properly. The text is jumbled together and unable to be read. This same indicator worked fine in my old windows 8 laptop but not on this new windows 10 HP. Look at lower left corner and you can see what I am referring too. Not just this ind but others as well.

I have already answered your query on your original thread. You will find the answer there. Please don't double post!

The 32 bit MT4 application will run under 64 bit Win just fine.

Same problem faced myself also. I have 64 laptop and MT4 MT5 could not be installed on my laptop.

An error is comming as "Initializing error""

The metatrader 4 doesn't run on my computer. why? I have a windows 10 pro 64bits

32Bit is really old style!

Yes it runs under 64Bit Win.

BUT every 32Bit Applocation can only address 3.8GB Memory!  And with some hints and memory pointers!

So if you have nearly 100 charts running all with expert advisor loaded, the full load needs approx 5 minutes and sometimes! it crashes out of memory. sometimes....

Same ea running on MT5 64Bit, no problem. Most of the broker do not have MT5....

honest_knave #:
I've been running MT4 for years on various 64bit operating systems and various different hardware setups. No problems to report.

HI there!

I am truly having a problem getting MT4 to run on Windows Pro 64 Bit OS.

Cannot even open the terminal.exe file when navigating to it in the Program files directory. Not as administrator nor in compatibility mode.

Can anyone assist?

This is the MT4 platform as downloaded from Avatrade.

I know MT5 works as have used it - however, a Bot I would like to try unfortunately only runs in MT4.

Regards 

Reason: