MT4 64 bit is becoming nessery for compatibility with windows 10 and new pcs - page 5

Alain Verleyen:
Actually I found it a very good idea, so I created a new topic to centralize bugs reports about MT5/mql5.
Many thanks Alain. I think It was a great idea, too. Regards.

Alain Verleyen: Actually I found it a very good idea, so I created a new topic to centralize bugs reports about MT5/mql5.
Thanks! That will be useful! However, I still think that it should have been setup by MetaQuotes themselves in a proper Bug-Tracker system, from the get go.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:

Let's see. MetaQuotes announced :

We do not expect to see any developments to come out of MT4 ever again. Given this, MT4 is slowly dying out”.

Therefore, as Alain said yesterday:

On the other hand, MetaTrader has already a 64-bit version (MT5).

So, you only have 2 options:

1. MT4, a 32-bit only version platform, without any further development in the future by developers (MetaQuotes).

2. MT5, a platform with both (32-bit and 64-bit) versions, whose development MetaQuotes have exclusively focused in.

There are no more options, nor will there ever be.

You can choose.

Regards.

First, Is MT4 still in use or not ? If yes, then what is the reason you think it's not in use any more ?
Second, in your case I guess You may mention what you said to : brokers&community programmers before mention it to the users.
Thanks

Fx taster:
First, Is MT4 still in use or not ? If yes, then what is the reason you think it's not in use any more ?

I don't think anybody disputes whether MT4 is still in use.

The debate is about how long it has left, considering:

• The MQL4 language was overhauled to be broadly compatible with MQL5
  • The backwards compatibility with old code was mostly stopped
  • Comments made in the press and the service desk by MetaQuotes indicating they do not wish to develop MT4 any further
  • The MQL4 forums got shut down
  • The MT4 installer now installs MT5
  • The pricing structure for broker licences was significantly changed to favour MT5

honest_knave:

I don't think anybody disputes whether MT4 is still in use.

The debate is about how long it has left, considering:

• The MQL4 language was overhauled to be broadly compatible with MQL5
  • The backwards compatibility with old code was mostly stopped
  • Comments made in the press and the service desk by MetaQuotes indicating they do not wish to develop MT4 any further
  • The MQL4 forums got shut down
  • The MT4 installer now installs MT5
  • The pricing structure for broker licences was significantly changed to favour MT5
Might be if MT4 becomes free source ppl will develop it and keep using it
Also, MT4 is still being advertised every where by mql5

Fx taster:
Second, in your case I guess You may mention what you said to : brokers&community programmers before mention it to the users.
Thanks

First.  Yes, MT4 is still in use, but the subject of this thread is if there will be a 64-bit version of it. And the answer is NO. In fact, they said that there will not be any further developments at all, therefore that includes development of a 64-bit version. Therefore, you can remain using 32-bit version of MT4. But if you want a 64-bit version, you have to use MT5. There's no more options. Sorry.

Second. I did not announce this, but MetaQuotes announced it. It's not up to me. I only inform you about what they said, because it seems that you did not know.

Regards.

Thanks all for your help.
The problem might be with the hard ware of the pic
I'm in contact with the manufacture company to check with them

Rgards

Hi guys

Up to what resolution does the MT4 supports ?
is it compitable with the 4K resolution ?

Fx taster:
Hi guys

Up to what resolution does the MT4 supports ?
is it compitable with the 4K resolution ?
Yes it's supposed to be.

Alain Verleyen:
Yes it's supposed to be.
Did you tested it or just guessing ?
Cause some plugins when atttathced to the chart doesn't show properly in high resolution mode !
Reason: