MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 23

angevoyageur:
Difficult to say without the code, can you post it ?

thank you, ver 613 fixed this issue.

I'm running in portable mode and my terminal is at build 604.

Will it not update in portable mode?

How can i get to the latest build in portable mode?

AnGri:

I'm running in portable mode and my terminal is at build 604.

Will it not update in portable mode?

How can i get to the latest build in portable mode?

Yes, the terminal gets updated regardless of the mode. The update does not change the MT4 Terminal shortcut, so it keeps the mode settings.

Ovo:

Yes, the terminal gets updated regardless of the mode. The update does not change the MT4 Terminal shortcut, so it keeps the mode settings.

Miraculously, now my terminal has updated to build 613.

Is there a way to know ofr influence when a terminal will be updated to a new build?

Like for instances after xyz number of restarts?

when you load MT4 look in the journal tab, it will tell you when MT4 detected an available update.

Hello everone.

Just have a problem after the update and aking me why.

Before the update i got messages like EURUSD Signal for BUY

Now Nothing.

The window works because i´m getting the "trend has changed to up" message.

Everything is like bofe, i did´nt change anything, so what could it be??

Thanks Patrick

PatrickStar:

Hello everone.

Just have a problem after the update and aking me why.

Before the update i got messages like EURUSD Signal for BUY

Now Nothing.

The window works because i´m getting the "trend has changed to up" message.

Everything is like bofe, i did´nt change anything, so what could it be??

Thanks Patrick

Who knows ? If you post the code maybe we can check.

Is there a plan to add the function

bool  ChartIndicatorAdd(
   long  chart_id,                 // chart ID
   int   sub_window                // number of the sub-window
   int   indicator_handle          // handle of the indicator
   );

as it exists in MQL5?

It is even referenced in the example at https://docs.mql4.com/chart_operations/chartsavetemplate but seems to be not implemented yet.. :(

I have been trying to understand exactly all that happens when the strict property is invoked.
I understand about the change in scope and the way things get initialized differently but I am tryiing
to decide what all it really affects so that I will eventually understand the common denomintaor
between them that 'strict' controls for instance I have noticed this interesting thing..

Wiith the #property strict commented out. The datetime displays onto the chart as it does in previous versions of MetaTrader.
Commenting onto the chart the actual number of seconds since 1970 that the datetime variable 'time' holds.

With the property in affect it shows the date that the number of seconds represents.

It's not just copying the date either .. if you put the seconds in the variable it still will show the date while using the strict property.
It will cause the program to do the conversion into the date and time format for you automatically..

So far all I have been able to find about this setting on this site is the table found HERE.

Is there more information to be found elsewhere?

TJmclovin:

Is there a plan to add the function

as it exists in MQL5?

It is even referenced in the example at https://docs.mql4.com/chart_operations/chartsavetemplate but seems to be not implemented yet.. :(

No, it isn't planned, this function exists only in MQL5 (it deals with indicator handles which are not exist in MQL4).

The documentation will be fixed.

Reason: