************Forum EA Contest .... Lets Have Some Fun************** - page 5

FMIC:

Ubzen, I will be signing off for today and will continue tomorrow. Also check your PM's as well.

Have a good day/evening/morning (I do not know your timezone/location)!

Same here. Responded already. Take care.

Sorry, but the direction of this 4 pages discussion between you 2 isn't very motivating. Ubzen, this is what I wrote, a lot of discussion and no results. Hope I am wrong.

angevoyageur: Sorry, but the direction of this 4 pages discussion between you 2 isn't very motivating. Ubzen, this is what I wrote, a lot of discussion and no results. Hope I am wrong.

Really? I taught we made allot of progress. Compared to MQ-Championships this is like ready to go. All people have to do is submit an Expert_Advisor. If people cannot do that ... then it wouldn't have taken up speed even with all the rules defined before hand.

I'm putting the finishing touches on my Expert Advisor and I'm quite excited.

ubzen:

Really? I taught we made allot of progress. Compared to MQ-Championships this is like ready to go. All people have to do is submit an Expert_Advisor. If people cannot do that ... then it wouldn't have taken up speed even with all the rules defined before hand.

I'm putting the finishing touches on my Expert Advisor and I'm quite excited.

Personally I was very interested by moneycode idea (it's more like an open source project) and not at all by FMIC idea (a prize ?, backtest ?, no dll ?, no indicator ?). It becomes too formal.

Good luck.

angevoyageur: Personally I was very interested by moneycode idea (it's more like an open source project) and not at all by FMIC idea (a prize ?, backtest ?, no dll ?, no indicator ?). It becomes too formal.

Good luck.

Just to clarify:

It's still moneycode idea as in the winning code gets work upon.

Theres still no Prize :P at least the last time I checked.

Theres still no Back-Testing involved.

-Standard Indicators are still Ok... No complex Setups.

-Reason for no .Dll is because they are potential dangerous.

-If all the codes gets placed within the Dll whats the point.

-I don't think moneycode idea involves learning how to code a .dll.

Transfer the Custom Indicator's code into the EA. Keep it Simple is the idea.

Rules cannot make everyone happy I guess.

I expect that more people would want to Add/Remove something.

Is it not a better idea to take a code from CodeBase

there is a lot old code that can be rewritten

give some time to

rewrite it how you think it will work in a better way

so it work 4/5 digit account,

on all type of brokers

improve the code so it work as fast as possible...

etc...

and then test and compare the solutions ....

deVries:

Is it not a better idea to take a code from CodeBase

there is a lot old code that can be rewritten

give some time to

rewrite it how you think it will work in a better way

so it work 4/5 digit account,

on all type of brokers

improve the code so it work as fast as possible...

etc...

and then test and compare the solutions ....

Thats fine ... use the ideas from the code base. Just please put your own twist on it. Ok?

Attached is my Official Code for the 1st Contest.

Since I seldom see allot of Trend Following Grid systems, I decided to Create one for this Contest instead of the (Typical Negative Grid Hedge Martingale) I was going to do instead. Please do-not trade this on Real-Account, It isn't the most reliable Code.... But there it is Done.

Expert_Name: InTrendFashion

Author: Ubzen

Symbol: EURJPY

Period: M1

Parameters: Default

Description: One Interpretation of a Trend Anti-Grid System.

Files:

ubzen:
Thats fine ... use the ideas from the code base. Just please put your own twist on it. Ok?

my idea is start all with same code

look for example to this https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8207 it is a code from 2008

i think there is lot to improve such a code

then after it test the improved versions

but there are more codes you can take to start with

your idea a testing competition of one week is very short

no custom indicator do you allow to use iADX iStochastic.... ??

deVries:

my idea is start all with same code

look for example to this https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8207 it is a code from 2008

i think there is lot to improve such a code

then after it test the improved versions

but there are more codes you can take to start with

your idea a testing competition of one week is very short

no custom indicator do you allow to use iADX iStochastic.... ??

I'm sure its pretty good code. I needed to make some rules and I've made them (with the Judge). I hope you understand I cannot keep going back and forth. If the rules are not-good this Week ... theres always Next Week :)

Yes you can use iADX and iStochastic. Or any Standard Indicator for that matter. The No_Custom_Indicator was to avoid having the Host or Myself needing to attach 5_different indicators for someone's strategy. These could be quite heavy and resource intensive. Keep in mind, we're running these on someone elses computer... please be considerate with your CPU usage. Thank You.

Reason: